Video

Trump to FBI Academy Graduates: 'The President of the United States Has Your Back 100%'

President Donald Trump at FBI National Academy graduation ceremony, Friday, Dec. 15, 2017, in Quantico, Va. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

President Donald Trump praised the FBI, saying it was full of “great people” during his speech at the FBI National Academy’s graduation in Quantico, Virginia, Friday morning.

“With me as your president, America’s police will have a true friend and loyal champion in the White House — more loyal than anyone else can be,” he vowed.

“When you return home to your local precincts, I want you to deliver a message to your fellow officers: the president of the United States has your back 100 percent,” he said. “I will fight for you and I will never, ever let you down — ever.”

Trump added, “now, more than ever, we must support the men and women in blue. In the last two years America’s seen a tragic rise in violent crime,” he said. “And you look at Chicago — what the hell is going on in Chicago? What the hell is happening there?” he asked to hesitant laughter and applause.

“I want to send a message today to those who threaten violence against our police,” Trump continued. “We will protect those who protect us. And we believe criminals who kill police officers should get the death penalty.”

Trump praised the FBI again later in the speech: “By the way, you are great people. you are incredible people,” he said. “Just so you understand. You are great people doing an incredible job.” He added that “probably 90 percent agree, right?  The other 10 percent, that’s not working out so well!”

As the entire Democrat-media complex is reminding us today, these remarks come days after he described the Bureau as “in tatters” and “the worst in history.” Which is — as far as the upper management is concerned — entirely correct.