The Morning Briefing: Text Message Recovery, DACA Deal, FISA Fight and Much, Much More
Good Thursday morning.
Here is what's on the President's agenda today:
- The President arrives at Zurich Airport
- The President departs Zurich, Switzerland, en route to Davos, Switzerland
- The President arrives at Intercontinental Davos Landing Zone
- The President departs Intercontinental Davos Landing Zone en route to RON
- The President departs RON en route to World Economic Forum Congress Centre
- The President arrives at World Economic Forum Congress Centre
- The President participates in a bilateral meeting with the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- The President participates in a bilateral meeting with the Prime Minister of the State of Israel
- The President meets with Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
- The President attends a reception hosted by Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
- The President has dinner with European Business Leaders
- The President departs World Economic Forum Congress Centre en route to RO
Hide and go seek, text messages edition
Thousands of FBI phones, not just the FBI's hottest "it" couple's phones, were affected by some hocus-pocus that prevented agency text messages from being archived during the most convenient time frame possible if agency employees were plotting a coup against the President. The good news is that the DOJ is recovering the messages.
Fox News’ Sean Hannity said Wednesday night on “Hannity” that the Justice Department has started recovering some of the missing texts between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, citing DOJ sources.
Dispatches from the RUSSIA investigation
Yesterday, the president seemed to indicate he will talk to Grand Inquisitor Mueller. "I’m looking forward to it actually. Just so you understand. There’s been no collusion whatsoever. There’s no obstruction whatsoever. And I’m looking forward to it," Trump said. Yikes, the president is a chatterbox, which will not serve him well in this situation. We have also learned that Mueller has interrogated more than 20 White House aides.
Anti-Trump forces were atwitter when it was revealed the president asked then-acting FBI Deputy Director "Andy's office" McCabe who he voted for in the 2016 election, which was immediately interpreted as a loyalty test by detractors. It was probably a casual joke, but the left has no sense of humor, so IMPEACH. The president says he doesn't remember asking McCabe this. Just to make sure you are keeping track of all the absurdities surrounding this investigation, McCabe's wife took almost $700,000 for a failed political campaign in Virginia from Clinton chum and VA governor Terry McAuliffe, WHILE McAuliffe was under investigation by the feds for accepting campaign donations from shifty sources. These folks are above reproach, I tell ya'.
DACA, DACA, DACA
The White House will release its own DACA bill next Monday, according to Press Secretary Sara Huckabee Sanders.