09-21-2018 05:57:21 PM -0700
09-21-2018 04:06:11 PM -0700
09-20-2018 10:29:38 AM -0700
09-20-2018 08:44:42 AM -0700
09-19-2018 04:17:25 PM -0700
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.
PJ Media encourages you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY.
X


Stretch, grab a late afternoon cup of caffeine and get caught up on the most important news of the day with our Coffee Break newsletter. These are the stories that will fill you in on the world that's spinning outside of your office window - at the moment that you get a chance to take a breath.
Sign up now to save time and stay informed!

Michael Caputo: A 2nd Possible Mole Approached Me in May of 2016 and Mueller Was Very Interested in Hearing About That

Michael Caputo appears on Fox news' Tucker Carlson

For the past week, former Trump campaign adviser Michael Caputo has been telling anyone who'll listen that he was approached in May 2016  by a former government contractor who offered to help him obtain Hillary Clinton's deleted emails.

Caputo said the former contractor told him through an intermediary friend that a certain government agency had the missing Hillary Clinton-related emails and some whistleblowers wanted to get them to the Trump campaign. The former adviser said that he and his friend and the contractor texted back and forth for several days, but nothing came of it because he was afraid the emails were classified. Caputo said he told his friend to urge the people at the agency to go through a proper whistleblower process to release the emails, rather than try to give them to the Trump campaign.

Now, he has added to the story, saying that the agency in question was the National Security Agency and that he was approached by another individual "dangling" something in front of him at the end of May 2016.

Caputo told Fox News' Tucker Carlson Wednesday evening that it wasn't until he heard about the government informants latching onto the Trump campaign that a light bulb went off in his head.

And curiously, when he told the House and Senate Intelligence Committees and Mueller's investigators about the first incident, he said, "they didn't seem the least bit interested."

Caputo didn't feel at liberty to talk about the second incident in detail because Mueller's team was keenly interested in that when they questioned him two weeks ago.

"There's another approach to me that was done in late May or the last half of May by somebody who I believe was organized by the investigators," he told Carlson. "I can't talk about it on television because I think the Mueller team wanted to talk about it a lot -- so much ... that they sounded like the authors of it," he said.

The anonymous government contractor denied having ever contracted for an intelligence agency in interviews with Fox News and CNN. And he downplayed the conversations about Clinton's emails as “cocktail party talk about where to go do opposition research.”

 The individual claimed to have gotten the information in question after meeting with an NSA contractor who shared information about a purported email depicting ‘pay-for-play’ between the Clinton Global Initiative and State Department.

The individual stressed that they are not connected with any of the intelligence agencies and were not trying to reach out to the Trump campaign on behalf of any agency, but rather passing along unconfirmed information about the Clinton campaign they thought should be pursued.

The intermediary, meanwhile, confirmed being approached at a Washington party and being urged to “go after the Hillary emails.” Fox News has reviewed texts among the three individuals, which include allegations of emails showing ‘pay-for-play.’