12-14-2018 09:10:01 PM -0800
12-14-2018 11:13:25 AM -0800
12-14-2018 10:00:59 AM -0800
12-13-2018 04:11:41 PM -0800
12-13-2018 01:40:43 PM -0800
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.
PJ Media encourages you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY.

Stretch, grab a late afternoon cup of caffeine and get caught up on the most important news of the day with our Coffee Break newsletter. These are the stories that will fill you in on the world that's spinning outside of your office window - at the moment that you get a chance to take a breath.
Sign up now to save time and stay informed!

Kansas City Suspect Shuts Down Interrogation With WMD Produced By His Body

black man with a beard in a blue shirt mugshot.

For all the flak they get, police have a tough job. They have to go into all kinds of environments and deal with all kinds of people. Some of those people tend to not engage in good personal hygiene habits for whatever reasons.

However, detectives in Kansas City, Mo., may have a story for the ages.

Police arrested 24-year-old Sean Sykes Jr. on drug and weapon charges, a far too routine situation in our nation's cities. While being questioned, however, Sykes did something that deviated from the norm. A lot.

The Associated Press (AP) reported that Sykes "leaned to one side of his chair and released a loud fart before answering."

The gas attack reportedly continued until the detective ended the interview and exited the room, probably to spray himself down with a case of Febreze and to chew a few packs of gum, anything to forget the butt-stank.

Sykes was arrested after being pulled over on September 1 and found with a backpack full of various drugs and two handguns. One of those firearms, a .357 revolver, was reported stolen out of a vehicle a few days prior.

In all-too-typical suspect fashion, Sykes claimed to be ignorant of the drugs and the guns.

He was then pulled over again on November 5 and found with both pot and crack in the car, as well as a .38 caliber revolver.

Obviously, Sykes is innocent until proven guilty, but it's not hard to see how detectives might have been a little less than accepting of any of his explanations.