Twenty Steps to Last Night's GOP Disaster
Twenty steps to GOP disaster last night. Follow the bouncing ball:
- Sessions supports Trump.
- Trump rewards Senator Sessions with attorney general slot. Sessions vacates seat.
- Sessions immediately recuses himself from bogus "Russian" investigation.
- Rod Rosenstein become de facto AG.
- Trump fires FBI Director James Comey.
- Comey leaks memo to New York Times, calls for special investigation.
- At Dem urging, Rosenstein appoints Comey buddy Robert Mueller, former FBI chief, as Grand Inquisitor.
- Revenge of the FBI: Mueller hires his friends to investigate Trump for anything whatsoever, whenever.
- Trump fires Steve Bannon.
- Surprise! Mueller's friends turn out to be leftist lawyers who supported Hillary.
- Swamp Thing named Luther Strange provided by Swamp Thing Mitch McConnell to fill swamp vacancy until special election.
- Disaffected former Trump strategist Bannon takes revenge: Moore defeats Strange in GOP primary.
- Dems, usual suspects make hay v. Moore, a sitting duck.
- Who's Doug Jones? Nation wonders why retired Cleveland Indians reliever is running for office.
- Having failed to repeal Obamacare, flailing on tax reform, Yertle the Turtle goes silent re control of the senate.
- Moore runs a spectacularly inept campaign, mostly devoted to denying sex charges.
- Not one glove laid on Jones during "campaign."
- "Who's Doug Jones?" wins special election.
- Dems, #neverTrumpumpkins cite narrow victory as proof that nation hates Trump.
- GOP Senate majority slips to 51-49; counting Flake, Corker, McCain, Collins and Murkowski, Dems now have effective control of world's greatest deliberative body.