Sorry, Feminists, Your Inability to Tell A Man 'No' Does Not Constitute Sexual Assault
“We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.” – George Orwell
Have you heard about the new standards for sexual assault that liberal feminists have created? It’s called “Yes means yes” and its uglier cousin is called “enthusiastic consent.” See, the idea isn’t just that a woman is willing if she doesn’t say “no” or even if she consents; the new feminist standard is that she must verbally consent enthusiastically… or it’s RAPE!
This subject came up quite a bit when Aziz Ansari's now infamous bad date was revealed. In case you’ve forgotten, here’s the short and sweet version of what the woman in question claims happened that night.
* She goes to his apartment, goes out to eat with him, and then heads directly back to his apartment after drinks.
* Within 10 minutes, they are both naked and giving each other oral sex. Ansari wanted to go further, but she says they should go slower.
* They make out. She lets Ansari touch her vagina.
* Over the next 30 minutes they make out; he moves her hand on his penis multiple times, but she says she was physically reluctant.
* Ansari explicitly asks her for sex and she says they’ll do that on the next date.
* She goes to the bathroom for five minutes.
* She comes out and says she feels forced. Ansari says, “Oh, of course, it’s only fun if we’re both having fun.”
* Then they both sit down on the couch.
* Soon thereafter, she gives him oral sex.
* He pushes for sex again.
* She verbally says she doesn’t want it. They sit on the couch again and watch Seinfeld.
* Ansari kisses her and moves to take off her pants. She gets angry at this point and gets up to call a car. Ansari then calls her a car.
* She leaves
* She then gives an interview designed to embarrass Ansari and accuses him of sexual assault.
Quite a few people on the Left agreed with her. Me? I agreed with a female friend of mine on Facebook who said, “don’t put a guy’s d*** in your mouth and expect him to guess that means you aren’t into him.”
Of course, the Ansari incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Here are a few articles that give you a better idea of what liberal feminists are pushing to impressionable college students.
* “ What's So Confusing About ‘Enthusiastic Consent’? Not being a rapist appears to be hard work for some of us.”
* “The concept of affirmative consent dictates that ‘yes means yes’ and that only an enthusiastic ‘yes’ constitutes sexual consent. But what is not consent? ...If someone says ‘no’ and you beg them or tell them they owe it to you or that you'll be unhappy with them otherwise or keep trying until they give in, they're not consenting. They're just expressing consent because they don't feel like they have a choice, and consent can only be given when there's a choice.”
* The "Affirmative Consent Standard" refers to the idea that sexual consent can never be assumed. Whoever initiates sex has the responsibility to ask for and receive a verbal "yes" (you must get verbal consent) from a sexual partner before pursuing any level of sexual contact. Requires verbal consent for each and every sexual act you would like to pursue with your partner. (Because if you do not have your partner's consent for sex, then it's RAPE).