01-18-2018 11:02:22 AM -0800
01-09-2018 01:54:15 PM -0800
12-22-2017 09:40:32 AM -0800
06-07-2017 12:17:49 PM -0700
05-09-2017 03:25:43 PM -0700
It looks like you've previously blocked notifications. If you'd like to receive them, please update your browser permissions.
Desktop Notifications are  | 
Get instant alerts on your desktop.
Turn on desktop notifications?
Remind me later.


British Man Cements Head in Microwave, Fire Department 'Seriously Unimpressed'

A crazy British man in a blue hoodie cements his head inside a microwave.

Suburbia's worst nightmare just became reality — and a person actually dove headfirst into it, on purpose. On Thursday, a YouTube star in Britain intentionally cemented his head in a microwave -- and had to call the local fire department to get it off.

"We're seriously unimpressed," tweeted West Midlands Fire, with an angry emoji. "Five of our firefighters were tied up for an hour this afternoon, freeing a YouTube pranker whose head had been 'cemented' inside a microwave oven."

"Cemented" was not a metaphor. YouTuber OBD actually used Polyfilla ready-mix crack filler, a form of cement-lite, to affix a microwave to his head. Such crazy stunts are the reason he has over 3 million subscribers and 490 million views. The video in question, published Thursday, already has 964,000 views and counting.

In a YouTube video documenting the incident, the YouTuber started by opening the "Day 7" box on an advent calendar to reveal an instruction, "Nearly die."

"I really wish this was clickbait, but as you guys know, nothing's clickbait on this channel," the star said. "This is the day where I will probably kill myself. Do not try this at home."

OBD listed the four ingredients he needed for the stunt: a microwave, plaster filler, a breathing tube, and a bucket.

Man in blue hoodie and baseball cap stands with a bucket, microwave, and cement filler. YouTube screenshot.

"This stuff's used to plaster wall. Yeah, it's a replacement of bloody concrete and plaster, basically," he said.

"I'm going to be burying my head in the microwave, I'm going to be burying my head in there. I don't know why I'm going to be doing it."

The star explained that his friend Rahmel would pour the concrete putty into the microwave, allowing it to cement around his head for two hours.

"This is worse than being buried alive," the star said. "I'm gonna die."

On Twitter, he called it a "near death experience."

Even so, he actually did it — and naturally found it difficult to take the microwave off. At one point, the breathing tube was knocked askew, and he almost suffocated.

Eventually, the heroic firefighters managed to chip away the cement mix and save the man's head.

The fire department's response is reasonable, because this YouTube pranker did actually tie up important emergency services just for his stunt and popularity.

Even so, this is a story for the ages. Click "Load More" to watch the video.