19 Independent-Minded Writers Whose Work Overflows With Imagination, Excitement, and Originality
Editor’s Note: This is the fifth collection of interviews and story excerpts spotlighting some of the most innovative fiction writers at the recently-launched new media publishing platform Liberty Island. Each weekend we'll expand this compilation to include the authors featured during the week. Find out more about Liberty Island’s new writing contest here, running through the end of April. An index of 8 newly-released stories can be found here. Please check out this interview Sarah Hoyt conducted with CEO Adam Bellow here to learn more: “It also has a unique mission: to serve as the platform and gathering-place for the new right-of-center counterculture.”
2. Steve Poling: Is Cthulhu Tastier Fried or Barbecued?
5. Keith Korman: 'I Have No Friends: I Make My Mind My Friend.'
6. Abbey Clarke: A Demon’s Heart: Can Evil Incarnate Ever Find Salvation?
7. Jamie Wilson: A Gen-X Gandalf Mom Casting Thomas Sowell Spells
8. Clay Waters: 'You Obviously Feel This Ocean Mythos Deep In Your DNA...'
9. Todd Seavey: 'It Was Star Wars That Taught Me to Love Science, Fantasy, Music, and Capitalism Simultaneously'
10. Stephen McDonald: 'Long-Term, I’d Like to Hire Others to Produce More Content Set in This Shared Universe...'
11. Pierre V. Comtois: Golfing on the Moon
12. Aaron Smith: ‘I Spell ‘Magicks’ With a ‘K’ to Both Confound Proofreaders and to Signify It’s Not a White-Bunny-Being-Pulled-Out-of-The-Hat Kind of Magic.’
14. Ted Elrick: ‘When a Guy’s Got That Kind of Control, You Gotta Admire It.’
15. Frank J. Fleming: Who Murdered the Dinosaurs?
16. R.K. Delka: ‘I’m the Constitution, Dammit!’
18. Roy Griffis: ‘An Antidote to the Nihilistic Crap That Is Being Peddled’
19. David Churchill Barrow: 'The Smoking, Dirty, Jagged Line of Rocks on that Ridge Seemed to Mock God Himself...'