Will the Gun-Grabbers Create a 'No Buy List' Using Your Prescription Records?
President Obama’s executive order wish list includes several “mental health” points that could potentially work their way into the administrative policies of the unelected bureaucratic agencies that presently exercise unprecedented control over the lives of Americans:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Is it completely absurd to envision an overreaching Department of Justice — via the Bureau of Justice Assistance — putting “at risk” Americans on a “no buy list” for guns, similar to the TSA’s “no fly list”?
Shortly after the president's announcement at the White House, Wolf Blitzer told Rep. Steve Toth (R-TX) on CNN, "Right now you can be on a 'no fly list.' You're not allowed to board a plane and you can go to a gun show to buy a gun. Is there a contradiction?"
Article printed from PJ Lifestyle: http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle
URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2013/1/20/will-the-gun-grabbers-create-a-no-buy-list-using-your-prescription-records