Demon with a Glass Jaw
Vindictive, personal and above all – untrue? Let's examine that last word first. For a while, John Nolte of Big Journalism was keeping a running count of NBC's deceptive editing, including these examples:
1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.
2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.
3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.
4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.
5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.
Vindictive? NBC has an entire subsidiary channel devoted to making their stories as vindictive as possible -- a raging case of "liberal Tourette's Syndrome," as George Will dubbed it -- to the point where even stories about Super Bowl TV ads become racial jeremiads on what Jeffrey Lord accurately described as "MSNBC. Better Described as Jim Crow TV."
As far as personal, well, Mitt Romney's adopted African-American grandson was considered fair game for mockery by the network in December, which had then only recently allowed an anchor on the air to suggest defecating in a former governor's mouth.
That's the tone that the network uses to paint half the country as "The Other," and Gregory's own childish attempt in late 2012 to brandish a gun magazine that's illegal in the District of Columbia, the home of Meet the Press' studio, to intimidate the NRA's Wayne LaPierre certainly fits the bill.
NBC, the very definition of punitive liberalism, really shouldn't have a glass jaw when receiving the very mildest of criticism in response.
Article printed from Ed Driscoll: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll
URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2014/4/25/demon-with-a-glass-jaw