Trump Feuds with Fox News, Refuses to Appear on Network 'for the Foreseeable Future'

Courtesy AP Images Courtesy AP Images

After assailing Fox News in a series of tweets for not treating him fairly, Donald Trump announced that he will not be appearing on Fox for the foreseeable future.

The Republican frontrunner took to Twitter on Monday and Tuesday night, and blasted Fox News' coverage of him, calling out Megyn Kelly and Bill O'Reilly specifically.

Via CNN, a Fox News insider claims that Trump has been antagonizing Fox "in order to create controversy and draw attention to himself because of his decline in the polls.”

A Fox News spokesperson told CNN that Trump made his vow to boycott Fox after Fox canceled his scheduled appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor."

"At 11:45 a.m. today, we canceled Donald Trump's scheduled appearance on The O'Reilly Factor on Thursday, which resulted in Mr. Trump's subsequent tweet about his 'boycott' of Fox News," the spokesperson wrote in an email.

Fox News didn't explain why they canceled Trump's appearance, but as noted above, it came after a series of tweets Trump wrote blasting the network's coverage of him.

"I am having a really hard time watching Fox News," Trump had tweeted, while claiming that the show had been "very negative to me" because its guests were all "Trump haters."

"When coverage doesn't go his way, he engages in personal attacks on our anchors and hosts, which has grown stale and tiresome," the Fox News spokesperson said."He doesn't seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country."