The Visceral Terror of a Tea Party Presidency: 10 Thoughts on the Coming Political Warfare of 2012
A few thoughts of reflection after considering PJM's coverage of Rick Perry's announcement of his candidacy:
1. Conservatives fear leftist government because they know the policies do not work and the country will suffer as a result.
2. Leftists fear conservative government because deep down they are afraid the policies will work and the country will prosper as a result and more people will abandon the progressive faith and they will no longer be able to live with the comforting delusion that they are superior to everyone around them.
3. The Left is permanently incapable of self-reflection. It cannot reverse its centuries-long cosmic quest for the Open Society based on Social Justice; but rather only shift its tactics when necessary.
4. Hence the only considered option when confronted with failure is to double down like an obsessive gambler, laying his family's and our nation's prosperity on the blackjack table. "The programs didn't work to revive the economy/make health care cheaper because we didn't 'invest' enough money!"
5. Because of this an equally forceful stance is the proper response. Andrew Klavan highlights the line that electrified conservatives from Perry's speech: “I’ll work every day to make Washington, D.C. as inconsequential in your life as I can.”