The Soros Gay Marriage Timeline
Since Barack Obama announced his spontaneous, evolutionary support for gay marriage, strong support has rolled out pretty quickly. To look it all over, it might almost appear orchestrated. Always a pet cause of George Soros', here is a timeline of some of his Center for American Progress' involvement:
- October 2011- The Center for American Progress hosts a panel discussion on LGBT families for the Family Equity Council:
A panel discussion followed the presentation by Mushovic and Krehely. The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart moderated the panel, which included Jennifer Chrisler, executive director of the Family Equality Council; Bryan Samuels, commissioner of the Administration on Children, Youth and Families; and the Reverend Dr. Dennis W. Wiley, of the Covenant Baptist United Church of Christ.
- May 8th, 2012- The Center for American Progress gives Obama permission to "come out" on gay marriage. The piece was titled "Race & Beyond: Obama Can Come Out on Gay Marriage":
Black voters will be enthusiastic and fully supportive of the president. Gay and lesbian voters, too. Why am I so sure? Well, it’s the nature of politics. At some points along the way, even the most favored politician will make decisions or behave in ways that even ardent supporters dislike. In this case I’d prefer to hear President Obama be as clear and affirmative on gay marriage as others in his cabinet have. In time, I believe he will.
Permission granted! The very next day...
- May 9th, 2012- Obama announces his support for making gay marriage legal.
- May 17th, 2012- In less than a week, according to the Center for American Progress, Obama has already converted black voters to his newly evolved opinion. That was quick! In their piece, titled "President Obama Is Ending Black America's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy":
President Obama has single-handedly dismantled the "don't ask, don't tell" policy within the black church -- that silent disdain on issues of sexuality that renders black gay and transgender people all but invisible, shames people living with HIV, and masquerades as love-the-sinner-hate-the-sin compassion.
From what has been reported, Obama has not exactly "dismantled" anything, but after the current shaming of the black church, they can only hope to get the result this writer has already attributed to Obama.
- May 23, 2012- Target Stores unveil a new line of pro-gay marriage apparel for "National Pride Month" (H/T to Bill Clinton on the National Pride Month thing). 100% of the proceeds are going to the Family Equality Council. It's unclear what a department store chain has to do with promoting an issue unpopular with so many of their shoppers, but apparently someone has convinced them it is a wise move.
Taking a look at the Family Equity Council website, a document from April is uploaded showing direct support from...the Center for American Progress and the Ford Foundation. For whatever reason, they were left off of the official "Supporters" page that features supporters such as General Mills, HBO and PepsiCo, but fortunately it is clear on this document, so they can get credit where credit is due.
This seems like an amazing amount of work to be done in response to an opinion from Obama that was supposedly a spontaneous response to a Joe Biden gaffe.
Just one more side note- apparently George Soros bought 500,000+ shares of Target stock, reported by Tekwala.com in the fall of 2011:
Soros bought more than 500,000 shares during the second quarter of this year and according to the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal “A half-million shares in Target isn’t that much…” I hope you all read that quote for what it was and took it too heart because 500,000 shares multiplied by approximately $50 per share, it’s not that much…
Soros is a big-name investor, and the fact that he's buying Target (while selling some other retail stocks, including Macy's, Lowe's and Amazon.com) has attracted attention.
Draw your own conclusions.
Article printed from PJ Media: https://pjmedia.com/tatler
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/blog/the-soros-gay-marriage-timeline