Poll: Majority Don't Think Congress Will Cut Government Spending Enough...
President Obama is fond of saying that the majority are on his side in the sequester showdown. This ignores the fact that most Americans aren't even paying attention to the sequester showdown. It also ignores contrary evidence, such as the latest poll from Rasmussen.
As Congress and President Obama struggle over ways to reduce the federal budget deficit, most Americans worry that they will raise taxes too much and won’t cut spending enough.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 62% of Likely U.S. Voters are worried most that Congress and the president will raise taxes too much rather than that they won’t raise taxes enough. Twenty-nine percent (29%) are most worried that Congress and the president won’t raise taxes enough. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
Overall, 58% believe that government won't cut spending enough. Makes me wonder what the other 42% can be thinking. Government took in a record-shattering amount of money in taxes last year, yet it also spent an even more record-shattering amount of money at the same time. This can't go on forever, and it won't.
Article printed from PJ Media: https://pjmedia.com/tatler
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/blog/poll-majority-dont-think-congress-will-cut-government-spending-enough