Obamamania in Overdrive as Inauguration Looms
So, January 20 will usher in a new era:
- Out with George Bush and his obsessive, overindulgent workouts; in with Barack Obama and his workouts that give him a "chance to reflect" and leave him "revved up."
- Say goodbye to the status quo; say hello to much of Bill Clinton's old guard.
- It's unseemly to have a lavish inauguration during wartime, but okay to eat cake to celebrate during a recession.
- Did you miss the presence of Hollywood's glitterati in Washington during the last eight years? Relax: the stars will once again be shining in our nation's capital. And who knows? Perhaps the Lincoln Bedroom will once again become a port of call for our nation's most celebrated entertainers-cum-policy experts.
- No more bashing of the president! From now on, it's good vibrations for all, according to this Drudge Report flash: "‘We are just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now,' a Today insider reveals. ‘It's such a downer. It's just not the time, and it's not what our audience wants, either.'" Today eventually relented, allowing Ann Coulter to bask in Matt Lauer's presence. Nielsen numbers trump ideology nearly every time.
The oceans are receding, the planet is healing, and the left has finally found its long-lost patriotism, although they are not quite sure what to do with it. (I could make a few suggestions.) Welcome to the Obama Nation! Check your wallet at the door.