New York Democrats' Gun Law Makes Possession of a 'High Capacity' Magazine a More Serious Crime than Third Degree Rape, Child Molestation
Radio Vice Online reports that New York's new gun law, rushed through the assembly by the Democrats and signed into law by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, makes possession of a gun magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds a Class D felony.
A version of the Sig Sauer P229 holds 13 rounds. Police prefer it for its compact size and power. Having one is now a Class D felony.
A Class D felony is a very serious crime. More serious, in fact, than the heinous crimes on this list.
- 120.70 – Luring a child | E Felony
- 121.11 – Criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation | A Misdemeanor
- 125.10 – Criminally negligent homicide | E Felony
- 130.20 – Sexual misconduct | A Misdemeanor
- 130.25 – Rape 3rd degree | E Felony
- 130.40 – Criminal sexual act 3rd degree | E Felony
- 130.52 – Forcible touching | A Misdemeanor
- 130.53 – Persistent sexual abuse | E Felony (Referenced in headline.)
A person is guilty of persistent sexual abuse when he or she commits the crime of forcible touching, as defined in section 130.52 of this article, sexual abuse in the third degree, as defined in section 130.55 of this article, or sexual abuse in the second degree, as defined in section 130.60 of this article, and, within the previous ten year period, has been convicted two or more times, in separate criminal transactions for which sentence was imposed on separate occasions, of forcible touching, as defined in section 130.52 of this article, sexual abuse in the third degree as defined in section 130.55 of this article, sexual abuse in the second degree, as defined in section 130.60 of this article, or any offense defined in this article, of which the commission or attempted commission thereof is a felony.
- 130.65A – Aggravated sexual abuse 4th degree | E Felony
- 130.85 – Female genital mutilation | E Felony
- 135.05 – Unlawful imprisonment 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor
- 135.10 – Unlawful imprisonment 1st degree | E Felony
- 135.45 – Custodial interference 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor
- 135.50 – Custodial interference 1st degree | E Felony
- 135.55 – Substitution of children | E Felony
- 135.60 – Coercion 2nd degree | A Misdemeanor
- 150.01 – 5th degree Arson | A Misdemeanor
- 150.05 – 4th degree Arson | E Felony
Much more at the link, including inciting a riot, criminal anarchy and incest. All, in the minds of New York's Democrats, are lesser crimes than possessing a gun magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds.
Update: Radio Vice Online has updated his post to clean and clear it up.
Article printed from PJ Media: https://pjmedia.com/tatler
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/blog/new-york-democrats-gun-law-makes-possession-of-a-high-capacity-magazine-a-more-serious-crime-than-third-degree-rape-child-molestation