EXCLUSIVE: Sensenbrenner's VRA Bill Wins Praise from Far-Left, Soros-Connected Race-Hustling Groups
Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) this week announced his intention to pass a bill "reforming" the Voting Rights Act. The U.S. Supreme Court struck down Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act last year. As J. Christian Adams reported:
[Sensenbrenner's bill would] radically expand federal power over state elections. It would give Attorney General Eric Holder expansive new federal powers over state elections, including the ability to barge into polling places to monitor the use of foreign language election materials. It would also give Holder the power to block election integrity measures like Voter ID and citizenship verification.
Holder has earned a reputation for being one of the most partisan attorneys general in American history, litigating against states that have chosen to adopt election security reforms including voter ID.
Today, Sensenbrenner is holding a conference call to discuss his bill. He will be joined on the call by far-left leaders, including Nancy Zirkin of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, Deborah Vagins of the ACLU, and Tanya Clay House, from the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law.
A press release from the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, a group funded by George Soros' activist network, lists groups praising Sensenbrenner's extreme bill. Many of the groups, listed below, are also connected to Soros' network or have close ties to the Obama administration:
- The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights: Civil and Human Rights Coalition Applauds Bipartisan Voting Rights Amendment Act Introduction
- ACLU: Bill Not Perfect, But Big Step in Right Direction
- Advancement Project: Voting Rights Act Amendment a Significant Step; Concerns Remain
- African American Ministers in Action: Applauds Introduction of VRA Legislation
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – AAJC: Advancing Justice-AAJC Applauds Voting Rights Act Update, Looks Forward to Working with Congress to Ensure Robust Protections for Language-Minority Voters
- Bend the Arc Jewish Action: Common Sense Fixes in New Legislation an Important Step to Creating a “VRA for Today
- Brennan Center for Justice: Voting Rights Act Bill: Critical First Step to Improve Elections
- Campaign Legal Center: Bipartisan Voting Rights Bill an Important First Step in Undoing Damage Done by Supreme Court in Shelby County
- Common Cause: Bipartisan update of the Voting Rights Act goes a long way toward ensuring that every citizen has a clear path to the ballot box.
- Fair Elections Legal Network: Congressional Legislation to Restore the Voting Right Act is a Proactive Step to Reinstate Safeguards for Voters
- Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA): Applauds Bipartisan VRA Legislation
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law: Commends House on Bipartisan Effort to Protect Voters’ Rights Although Areas for Improvement Remain
- MALDEF: Welcomes Introduction of Bipartisan Voting Rights Bills, Seeks Necessary Improvement
- Project Vote: Project Vote Applauds Introduction of Bipartisan Bill to Restore the Protections of the Voting Rights Act
- League of Women Voters: Introduction of Voting Rights Amendment Act of 2014 in House Meaningful Step
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund: Introduction of Bipartisan Voting Rights Act Amendment As A Significant First Step
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO): Lawmakers take important step in moving Voting Rights Act legislation; Organization looks forward to working with Congress to strengthen protections for Latino voters
- National Association of Social Workers: Applauds Congress on Bipartisan Voting Rights Bill
- National Council of Jewish Women: Applauds Introduction of Bipartisan Voting Rights Legislation
- National Urban League: Applauds Introduction of Voting Rights Amendment Act of 2014
- People for the American Way: PFAW Praises Introduction of VRA Legislation
- SEIU: Voting Rights Bill Good First Step, Concerns Remain Over Voter ID
It's a rogue's gallery of left-wing groups praising Sensenbrenner's bill. The SEIU strongly backs the Obama administration's agenda; Project Vote is an arm of the discredited, corrupt ACORN, which has been caught engaging in voter fraud; the Holder Justice Department has coordinated voter registration drives with Project Vote, which once employed Barack Obama.
Will the GOP comment on Sensenbrenner's behavior?
Article printed from PJ Media: https://pjmedia.com/tatler
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/blog/exclusive-sensenbrenners-vra-bill-wins-praise-from-far-left-soros-connected-race-hustling-groups