DRAINING THE SWAMP: Top 40 Troubling Listings from the Obamacare Navigator/Assister Security Nightmare (UPDATED)
Last week, we reported that the “honor system” is being used to confirm the identity and certification of Navigators/Assisters. The “Find Local Help” feature on Healthcare.gov refers consumers to potential predators.
We have since reviewed, state by state, every single Navigator/Assister that Healthcare.gov currently displays to the public via “Find Local Help”.
This search revealed two additional dangers of the Navigator/Assister system:
1. The consumer is vulnerable, but so is the taxpayer. The program is rife with organizations that have advocated for “open borders,” have helped illegal immigrants dodge apprehension, and have attempted to give illegal immigrants access to additional taxpayer-funded resources.
Such organizations are obvious risks to fraudulently register illegal immigrants for subsidized health insurance, and as such, have no business being included in the government-funded Navigator/Assister program.
2. Regulations require Navigators/Assisters to be “unbiased.” However, many organizations that were founded partly or entirely to advocate for politically left-leaning policies -- including causes such as “universal health care,” “single-payer,” and Obamacare itself -- are nonetheless part of the program.
Many of these groups already receive government funding, which further raises the obvious conflict-of-interest issues. As many will be paid according to the number of consumers successfully registered for an Obamacare plan, such groups have several incentives to steer consumers away from free-market plans that may be superior options.
Outside of the below list, only a handful of suspicious, “open borders,” or politically biased organizations have yet been exposed nationally. Below, a list of 40 to spur the much-needed discussion.
This list is divided into three categories. Some listings may fit more than one category, but all are listed only according to the primary concern regarding each:
1. Open Borders Groups: These groups exist in part or in whole to secure greater federal benefits for illegal immigrants. As such, all are obvious risks to fraudulently register illegals for subsidized insurance.
2. Politically Biased Organizations: Obamacare regulations require all registered help to be “unbiased.” Yet these groups include leftist political advocacy as a primary part of their mission, presenting conflict-of-interest problems. Additionally, they have financial incentives to steer consumers away from free-market plans.
3. Suspicion Regarding Legitimacy: Of great concern, considering Healthcare.gov does not guarantee the legitimacy of any listings. While some of these listings may be legitimate, Healthcare.gov saw fit to approve and expose these suspicious listings to consumers with no further information to assist with their choice.
A final note: These listings are certainly incomplete. Community health centers have generally been excluded from it, though the sector has generally been supportive of the push for Obamacare. If included, this list would be several times longer.
Also, a Part 2 of this article is forthcoming.
Article printed from PJ Media: https://pjmedia.com/
URL to article: https://pjmedia.com/blog/draining-the-swamp-top-40-troubling-listings-from-the-obamacare-navigatorassister-security-nightmare