'Climate of Hate' Obsessives Ignore Culture of Death
They weren't the only ones who adopted a see-no-evil stance:
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health knew of clinic violations dating back decades, but did nothing.
- The Pennsylvania Department of State was "repeatedly confronted with evidence about Gosnell" -- including the clinic's unclean and unsterile conditions, unlicensed workers, unsupervised sedation, underage abortion patients, and over-prescribing of pain pills with high resale value on the street -- "and repeatedly chose to do nothing."
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health officials who regularly visited Gosnell's human waste-clogged offices did nothing.
- Nearby hospital officials who treated some of the pregnant mothers who suffered grave complications from Gosnell's butchery did nothing.
- An unnamed evaluator with the National Abortion Federation, the leading association of abortion providers that is supposed to uphold strict health and legal standards, determined that Gosnell's chamber of horrors was "the worst abortion clinic she had ever inspected" -- but did nothing.
For decades abortion supporters have claimed that outlawing the practice would result in gruesome “back-alley abortions,” with both the fetus and mother falling victim to unlicensed practitioners and unsafe practices. The Philadelphia horror has exposed a far worse reality: sanctioned abortion mills can be more barbaric in real life than the worst fictions proponents have conjured.
We now see that these abattoirs are run with less oversight than spay-and-neuter clinics. The agencies that should be regulating such facilities are instead tripping over themselves to flee responsibility for even the most perfunctory of inspections, for fear of being crucified by morally compromised politicians bending to the vocal minority of pro-abortion fetishists.
Here is what the media failed to find in Tucson but fears to reveal in Philadelphia: a direct link between a political philosophy and bloody injustice. This unfolding event is graphic testimony that the preferred progressive “cure” to the “problem” of unwanted pregnancies is not the medically and morally "sterile" removal of a mass of cells, but the kind of abhorrent act earlier generations would expect from a monster like Josef Mengele.
The brutality exposed in Philadelphia is most troubling because Gosnell’s acts may not be the isolated depravity of a solitary abortionist, but a warning that the entire industry of infanticide is what conservatives have claimed it has been the entire time -- a slaughterhouse.
When progressive defenders of infanticide claim that Gosnell’s crimes were murder and not abortion based solely upon the baby’s geographic location relative to the mother (in the womb, abortion; an inch removed, murder), they blow apart the entirely inhuman conceit that the abortion industry relies upon -- namely, the claim that a child is just “a mass of cells.”
The New York Times, so quick to pronounce judgment on the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, and Glenn Beck for Jared Loughner’s rampage, is just one of the left-leaning media outlets running away from the story of a monster they created. They hide the victims, even as they try to hide their own culpability.
Nothing to see here.
Article printed from PJ Media: http://pjmedia.com/
URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/blog/climate-of-hate-obsessives-ignore-culture-of-death