VodkaPundit

Cold War Redux?

July 23rd, 2014 - 8:18 am

Some of this Trifecta segment is a rehash of Monday’s Feinstein post, but I just had to get input from Scott Ott and Bill Whittle.

And we lured in a pro-Russian troll on the PJTV page, if you’d like to help me feed him.

I doubt that there's a lot of angst in the White House, so long as they can emit pieties and Russia doesn't push us hard. Other folks, toughski.
What struck ME in Obama's comment was that he started out sounding like he was going to put some kind of teeth in the statement and then it became "are going to isolate themselves further from the international community".

To quote the owl: srsly?

I don't think a country currently expanding by covert conquest is particularly worried about the "international community". I reckon Putin figures that he'll be seeing the international community again real soon, if they walk away from him.

Also, it's rare that I disagree with Bill, but I don't think anyone's taking Obama seriously no matter *how* he says his empty threats and promises these days. And if the outcome is the same in both cases I'd just as soon he phrase decisions as his own personal whims and leaves the door open to the United States making a different decision tomorrow. I mean, yes, there's a case for how it SHOULD be done, but since the way things should be starts with Obama not being president all bets are off. Besides which, I'm pretty sure that speaking for the United States is the exact opposite of what Obama pursued the presidency to do.
Tried to comment, VP.

It said my comment was "saved" but it did not appear.
It's showing up now. Might have just been a short delay while the PJTV Amiga 500 caught up with the comment flow.