VodkaPundit

The November Meh-lection

May 12th, 2014 - 1:12 pm

GALLUP

Gallup:

Among registered voters, 42% of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents currently say they are more enthusiastic than usual about voting, while 50% are less enthusiastic, resulting in an eight-point enthusiasm deficit. But Democrats are even less enthusiastic, with a 23-point deficit (32% more enthusiastic vs. 55% less enthusiastic).

GOP voters might be more enthused if their Washington leadership weren’t constantly crapping on them.

Just a thought.

If I could vote for Washington DC being airlifted in its entirety to Siberia, I would be very, very, very enthusiastic about voting.
Awe --- wait for it --- some.
Republican trough feeders, Democrat trough feeders, "what difference, at this point, does it make" to us who are the feed in the trough?
I don't know how enthused I am about the voting "for" per se.

But I am positively BRIMMING with enthusiasm for the voting "against".
The problem with that -and I've been voting "against" for years- is that most voters (I think) want to have something to vote for. Point out that Obamacare is piece of garbage that was passed on a party line vote? Sure. Mention that your Dem opponent votes in lockstep with Reid/Pelosi despite his or her "moderate" stances? Of course. But also point out what you plan to do. The Contract With America was brilliant in that it made politics national, not just local. However, the current GOP powers that be do not want to do anything like that. Instead, they'd rather force feed the base turd sandwiches. The base is somewhat less enthused about eating said sandwiches anymore, which is why I've long been pessimistic about retaking the Senate this year.

Imagine this scenario: economy in the dumper, health care going the way of the Post Office governed by the IRS and the government appearing more and more lawless. Okay, that doesn't take any imagination as it's actually happening. Now imagine that the Dems hold onto power in spite of all that. Are you frightened yet? You should be.