VodkaPundit

Your ObamaCare Fail of the Day [PM Edition]

February 5th, 2014 - 2:55 pm

And the hits just keep coming, this time in California where people are finding they lost their old doctors and can’t get new ones:

Aliso Viejo resident Danielle Nelson said Anthem Blue Cross promised half a dozen times that her oncologists would be covered under her new policy. She was diagnosed last year with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and discovered a suspicious lump near her jaw in early January.

But when she went to her oncologist’s office, she promptly encountered a bright orange sign saying that Covered California plans are not accepted.

“I’m a complete fan of the Affordable Care Act, but now I can’t sleep at night,” Nelson said. “I can’t imagine this is how President Obama wanted it to happen.”

This case is so sad, and Nelson is so completely ignorant of Wiggleroom’s motives, that I can’t even muster up any schadenfreude.

She'll be first in line to push for single payer as a way to "fix" things.
I'm in general agreement that this case is more sad than schadenfreude-tastic. But in other cases related to O-care, when it comes to schadenfreude I'm a net exporter. Call me - low prices, quick shipping!
"I'm a complete fan of the Affordable Care Act, but now I can't sleep at night," Nelson said. "I can't imagine this is how President Obama wanted it to happen."

Screw her. She voted for it, now she's getting it. I can only wish that every other big government supporter would have the same happen to them.
you got what you voted for, Ms. Nelson. you wanted it, you got it. i'll save my sympathy for those who didn't want it, but were forced into it by you and your ilk.
I can feel sympathy for the intellectually disabled, but not for the willfully ignorant. Smile, hope and change, forward, keep your doctor, smidgen and what about that birth certificate, college transcripts, social security number........
The various contretemps about Obama's documentation and background are red herrings. His overt public statements and actions are more than sufficient to condemn him without requiring diversion into conspiracy-think.

It's not like his regime would be any less destructive if we knew his grade point average.
If only Stalin knew!
Votes have consequences. Some consequences are greater than others.
I can, with no trouble at all.

She says she's a "complete fan of the Affordable Care Act". Well, when you choose an action, such as supporting a law and those who enacted it, you choose the consequences, such as losing access to your doctors and dying of a horrible disease for which you would previously have been able to get treatment.

I will muster sympathy if and when she shows signs of understanding what's killing her. Not before.
I don't have any sympathy for her, but I can't manage schadenfreude either. Just left with a "sad meh" that this is what America has come to -- people who can't bother to educate themselves before they vote, and who refuse to educate themselves after they suffer the consequences.
"I can't imagine this is how President Obama wanted this to happen". Obama is decreeing exactly how everything should go, over the top of the law his buddies ramroded through. She's too stupid to see it and still roots for him.

Chalk me up for Team Shadenfreude. She deserves exactly what she's helped to inflict *on everyone else* as well as herself.
We've all read a lot of these fails. I'm waiting for one reporter to ask, "Why did you believe Obama? Why didn't you believe what Republicans were predicting about this bill?"

I think it's a question many of these "victims" haven't even considered, and won't consider when Hillary brings her false promises in 2016. As you say, Stephen, they refuse to educate themselves after they suffer the consequences.
I take pleasure in watching the wheels of justice grind the wilfully ignorant into paste. It's one of the few joys the Obama regime can't take away.