VodkaPundit

And the Battle Rages On…

January 8th, 2014 - 12:32 pm

I know tempers will flare, but let’s keep it mostly civil — and settle this crap between now and the primaries.

Then show up at the polls like a good soldier, even if it is with a tight little grin.

As a libertarian, believe me, I’ve worn more than my share of them.

“There’s always a difference! This is between ‘bad’ and ‘worse’—which is much sharper than between ‘good’ and ‘better.’ "

Robert A. Heinlein "Stranger in a Strange Land"

remember this and pull the Republican lever. this time, anyway.

I would like to know why Mr. Dougherty considered my comment to be an example of a "purity message", and irrational by implication. Heck, I'm more libertarian than conservative, anyway. If anybody is vulnerable to a purity test, it's me.

However, sending the message "you idiots have to show up and vote the way you're told to vote" is a poor way of getting people to the polls. How hard is that to understand? Wouldn't it be better to do a decent sales job--to explain to conservatives why their values will flourish most readily under a liberty agenda? Just wishing those icky conservatives would vote libertarian (and berating them when they don't) doesn't seem to me to be a rational marketing plan.

It seems to me that when moderate and libertarian-leaning Republicans accuse conservatives of being ideologically inflexible, they doth project too much.
--------------------------

Welcome to our hell.
--The small-l libertarians of the GOP

Oh, I've been there for ages. That's why I can understand the socons' point of view here--and why I know this name-calling is going to hand 2014 to the Dems on a silver platter.