VodkaPundit

You Can’t Handle the Truth

November 13th, 2013 - 9:48 am

I think you’ll see that my Bronze, Silver, and Gold plans go a long way towards eliminating any perception of free lunches. And wait until you see what we’ll do to employer-based insurance over the next two years. We’re very serious about this functional model of “pay more/get less.” We may lose control of the Senate next fall, but I will maintain control of the regulatory apparatus through the end of 2016, which is where the real power now lies.

You and many Democrats secretly favor a single-payer system, so why didn’t you run on a single-payer system? Why didn’t John Kerry or Al Gore ? Wouldn’t it be a patriotic act to put the idea in front of the American people even if they reject it? This at least would clear the air and let us proceed with sensible, limited reforms aimed at improving incentives.

I couldn’t get single payer through Congress, even when it was dominated by members of my own party. However, by destroying the individual market and putting the regulatory squeeze on employer coverage, we’re hoping to change that metric.

What? You think single payer will work in America?

I never said it would work. I said it was what I wanted.

Your feelings are hurt because the press is dwelling on those left worse off by ObamaCare, but the Affordable Care Act, in truth, makes care more affordable only for some and then only by shifting the cost to others. For society as a whole, health care will only consume a bigger share of national income—an additional $10 trillion in the next eight years, according to the Medicare actuary. The chances of health care becoming more affordable are nil and whether the act will even improve the health of the uninsured is doubtful. Your Federal Trade Commission exists to punish consumer fraud. Shouldn’t you turn yourself in?

Don’t be ridiculous, Holman. When the president does it, that means it is not illegal.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

One good thing may yet come from Obamacare. That is, liberals are starting to pay attention and I dare say, “get a clue” about what Obama and the Left means to their pocketbook. My 50-year-old, Massachusetts, liberal, union worker brother is suddenly complaining bitterly about what Obamacare is doing, and will do, to his healthcare. I remind him that Bush and the Republicans had nothing to do with Obamacare and fought its passage mightily. Also, my 29-year-old PhD student son, who has been immersed in years of academian leftist, and has never paid for health insurance, and hasn’t been to the doctor in 3 years (since he left daddy’s plan), now must buy a plan. He feels he is getting “ripped off.” I, of course, remind him of his unyielding support for everything Obama and liberal, including Obamacare. He and so many in the young, student know-nothing world are stunned that Obamacare isn’t actually free. And, of course, we are just scratching the surface of the costs of Obamacare—a perfect microcosm of all liberal/leftist governance. Just perhaps, my brother and son will “connect the dots” from their votes to Obamacare.
Also not enough personal pronouns.
I have to say that you did a horrible job of playing the part of Professor Ditherton Wiggleroom.

Your answers were too concise, you didn't blame Republicans, you didn't assume the mantle of victimhood and the worst error, you were honest.
my neighbor's sister-in-law makes $60/hr on the computer. She has been laid off for six months but last month her payment was $16262 just working on the computer for a few hours. see here now>>>>>>>>> www.jobs35.com
my buddy's mother makes $63 every hour on the internet. She has been out of work for 6 months but last month her check was $14547 just working on the internet for a few hours. look at these guys...... WWW.Rush64.COM
At your 2010 health-care summit, you dismissed what you called “house insurance”—cheap, high-deductible policies that protect people from serious illness or injury but otherwise leave them to fund routine medical care out of pocket.

More than that, the Obamacare policies apparently ARE just such high-deductible policies, so all that is now available is what he said was being eliminated.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
By giving the insurance industry a captive audience paying higher prices for fewer services, we were able to bring insurers on board to help pass this historical legislation.

And that's spot on. The name behind it is Karen Ignagni. The Obama WH wanted her and the industry completely on board this go around compared to 1993-4 when the industry wasn't on board, and funded the "Harry & Louise" media buys that helped kill it.
There will be killing fields for Democrats. They (not just he) lied to win and everyone knows it. Who you gonna blame?
The stupid voters.
"Settled" Law of the Land?

Screw you and your weeping sycophants.
When the president does it, that means it is not illegal.

Let me be clear, it's like money laundering, when I do it, it's legal and guarantees me four more years in the White House, not the Big House. For example, campaign contributors give me money in return for hundred folds of taxpayers' money laundered thru our Stimulus and Bailouts. Ask Kaiser and Buffett, how high their returns of investment are by investing in me.
{sigh} Some people have no historical sense of irony...
The real explosion will occur when Soccer Moms actually have to Pay for their kids cold and flu treatments at an Urgent Care Clinic.
How quickly will the Internet abound with alternative and old time cold and flu remedies again?
We have 5 decades of progressive creep to reverse. not the time to comprimize. This article is great and revealing ata time when some rino's are starting to call for helping fix this mess. There is no fix PERIOD let the progressives own the disaster --stand firm., It was only 6 weeks ago that Obama tried to destroy us permanently. Now it is time for payback.
5 decades? Back it up to Teddy R and Dewey of decimal system fame. This long march through the institutions makes Chairman Mao look like a little old lady with a walker. Barring a preference cascade it'll likely take at least that long to walk it back. Frankly, I don't think the GOP is up to it.
Dunno if you have noticed, but progressive creep is never reversed. The best the 'Pubbies ever do is apply the brakes.
But they you get a Clinton or an Obama. Or, hell, a Bush.
1 2 Next View All