The PJ Tatler

Roger L Simon

July 22, 2014 - 11:36 am

This video going viral on Facebook was sent to me by Robert Eisenman, the esteemed Dead Sea scholar, who pointed out that the mood of the IDF (Israel Defense Force) is wildly different than in previous wars.  In Hollywood, you would say, “This time it’s personal.”  In Israel, you would say, “This time it’s Biblical.”

Shades of King David.  Watch this video.

(Thumbnail on Tatler homepage based on a modified Shutterstock.com image.)

Roger L. Simon is an Academy Award-nominated screenwriter, novelist and blogger, and the co-founder of PJ Media. His book, Turning Right at Hollywood and Vine: The Perils of Coming Out Conservative in Tinseltown, was re-released in an updated edition in 2011.
I would love to forget Obama/Kerry.

They are punishing Israel because of the "helluva pinpoint operation".

They put a ban on flights into Israel...and I don't want to hear that the FAA was behind it. The usual suspects are trying to damage Israel behind a veil of "security concerns".

Also, Netanyahu called for a ceasefire between the US and al Qaeda using Obama's words. Obama/Kerry are thin skinned, peevish, and filled with retribution attitude.

Israeli's shouldn't care. Beat the starch out of Hamas. Obama/Kerry/Malley may love Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood...but, nobody who loves America or Israel should any longer give a damn.
Thanks to all for translations and context. I watched it again and it gives me increased confidence that this is not 2006... With Obama making Americans feel emasculated, its nice to root for a friend you feel is about to win against some really bad people.
This article would be a lot more meaningful if the video was properly explained.

I am not Jewish and do not speak Hebrew (assuming that IS Hebrew). What is the song? I don't mean the title, I mean the significance of this song. For example, is it the Israeli national anthem or a military song of some kind? What are the lyrics in English? What was the occasion for this event? It looks like a bit of a pep rally for the troops as they set out towards Gaza but for all I know, this footage is years old....
You've got to hand it to the Jews. They resurrected a dead nation and an all-but-dead language and made themselves into an economic powerhouse in the Middle East in under a century, and they did it in the midst of opposition from half the world.
Is there a nonFacebook source of the video? Some of us are Facebook holdouts.
Here it is: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/%D7%9E%D7%99-%D7%A9%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9F-he-who-believes.html

It's a song of life for people who live, love, but not for those who hate.
What is very important here is to note that all of the songs are songs of life and G-d. There is nothing here of anger, hatred, or killing.

This is the gulf that separates Israel from her enemies.
I watched this again with my Hebrew speaking daughter. She previosuly saw it from an Israeli source with add'l info, so I can perhaps add a bit of context and further info.

The location is an IDF rest and refit center on the Gaza border. Its mission is to allow combat troops to refresh themselves after a few days in Gaza and get a hot meal, shower, clean clothes and sleep, sleep, sleep, before heading back to the line. The soldiers in the video have probably just returned from 48 or 72 hours of high intensity operations. Note that many are still wearing camouflage paint. My guess is the Orthodox Jewish looking guys leading the singing from atop the car are from Chabad (God bless them), renowned for going anywhere to bring people close to God. They have apparently handed out garments with ritual fringes to some of the soldiers (look like white t-shirts) known as tallit katan. One can also hear the shofar, an ancient Jewish instrument made from a ram's horn and used on great religious and national occasions, blowing in the background.
"This time it's biblical." Love it.

It's high time Israel opened up a major can of whoop ass on Hamas. Wipe them completely out. They love death so they'll enjoy every moment of it. The in-processing office of Hell will just be busier than normal for a while.
Thank you. Nahman was one brilliant man.

For those interested, that was NOT the Israeli National Anthem, which is Hatikva (hope).
Thank you. This made my day.
I sense a major Hamas ass whipping brewing. All that lacks is a shofar for the bad guy's walls to come talking down.

As an American, all I've got to offer Israel is the battle cry Oorah and a suggestion to warm up the jets!

That made me what to get up and dance...
I would pay to be able to screen this for BHO and watch the expression on his face.
Me too!