The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

June 18, 2014 - 8:01 am

Ahmed Abu Khattala is now on a U.S. Navy ship bound for the United States. He’ll face charges of masterminding the assault on the U.S. facility in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. Four Americans died in that attack. The Obama administration blamed it on a YouTube video.

Khattala was not, according to CNN’s Arwa Damon, a man in hiding during the nearly two years that the U.S. said it sought to arrest him. Damon met and interviewed Khattala in a Benghazi cafe in 2013.

In that interview, Khattala admitted that he was on the scene during the attack, but that he arrived after the assault was already underway.

Khattala told Damon that the U.S. investigators “did not even try to contact me” after the attack.

As for the motivations behind the Benghazi attack, in the CNN interview Khattala criticized the United States for “using al Qaeda as a boogey man whenever it suits them.” He added that “Al Qaeda is not something to be ashamed of. Al Qaeda is people who are devout, protecting their religion and their people. America is the terrorist,” he said.

During the CNN interview, Khattala never mentioned the YouTube video that the Obama administration blamed for the attack.

In an interview with the New York Times that was published October 18, 2012, Khattala was already hiding in plain sight. The Times’ David Kirkpatrick met up with Khattala in a cafe in Benghazi. This was the earliest known interview Khattala gave after the Benghazi attack, given just five weeks afterward. He told Kirkpatrick that no U.S. investigators had questioned him. Consistent with the CNN interview, Khattala admitted admiration for al Qaeda. He accused the U.S. of “imposing its ideology” on everyone else.

Khattala claimed that the assault grew out of a “peaceful protest” in reaction to the video that the Obama administration blamed for the attack.

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

By that time, even the Obama administration had stopped claiming that the YouTube video had sparked the assault. As Obama administration officials knew, reports from Libya by U.S. personnel indicated that the attack was a pre-planned, coordinated strike. U.S. spy agencies even heard the attackers using phones they had stolen during the attack to call their superiors to deliver ongoing progress reports. Those weren’t the only calls going back to headquarters during the attack. The CIA officers on the ground called their superiors three times to request aid, and were denied.

The new reality show, West Wing: CSI (corrupt, seditious and incompetent), has the latest episode taking place during a conversation in the West Wing and with ship at sea.

President Barry Scatoro: I need to get the attention off of the Bergdahl swap for five terrorist masterminds, which was supposed to be the distraction away from the VA scandal, so that the public doesn't concentrate on the latest deal to have our military put under Iran's control and command. I need a briefing from my closest confidantes, the ones who will never disagree or contradict me.

Secret Service Agent: Which channel, sir? MSNBC, CNN, or CBS?

Former Secretary of State, Granny Crankypants: What difference at this point does it make?

Prez Scatoro: Which of my spy agencies have been in contact with Cafe Kattahmah? FBI, CIA, NSA...IRS?

Secret Service: That would be CNN, sir. By the way, there is a ship to shore call coming in.

Prez Scatoro: Jay Z or Beyonce?

Secret Service: No, sir. I think it's the military, sir.

Prez Scatoro: What do THEY want? More complaints about waiting lists or deserters?

Secret Service: No, sir. They want to know what you want to do with Cafe Kattalah.

Prez Obama: They have him? Why wasn't I infomed?

Secret Service: You missed the earlier news, while you were on the Mirage Oracle golf course, sir.

Prez Scatoro: Get Eric the Red Huddler to lawyer him up and blame the video again.

Granny Crankypants (suit): I thought we weren't going with the video thing. Should I tell Gowdy it was or wasn't the video?

Prez Scatoro: Cafe Kattalah says it was the video, tell the news to report that it was the video and then I can see it on the news and say we should now move on.

Hairy Screed: I can hold a Senate investigation into the investigation and call them despicable and dishonest and dirty poopy pants. You should announce that from now on, no dissent by the minority will be allowed to terrorize the majority. But don't use a Negro dialect, use one of your white ones.

Granny Crankypants: I think that would be better coming from me, the next President.

Nanzi Spewotro: A woman's touch is what we need. Not a Catholic or a Jew though.

Secret Service: The ship's officers want to know what to do with Cafe Kattalah, sir.

Prez Scatoro: Lawyer him up, use the Lerner defense...have him announce his innocence, blame the video and take the fifth. Grant him amnesty, make him a citizen and cover him with Obamacare. We'll trade him later for anyone from Code Pink who gets captured.

Secret Service: I sent them an email, sir.

Prez Scatoro: Good. After they get it, give to the IRS so they can lose it.

Secret Service: Aye, aye, sir. When I'm finished should I scour the internet for sarcasm?

Prez Scatoro: Nah, hook up with the Pimp With a Limp and take the night off.

Fade to black. Permanently.

"It might even get him acquitted, if there are enough HuffPo readers and Obama bitter-enders on the jury." Strange comment, as if the writer does not know that conviction on criminal charges requires a unanimous verdict. Ever served on a jury yourself? Avoided or forgot the experience? Even ONE HuffPo reader or Obama bitter-ender on the jury can prevent conviction.
Just because I'm a masochist, I clicked on the HuffPo link above, and sure as heck, the cool aid sippers over there are demanding that someone owes Susan Rice an apology.
She was right all along! It was a video!
When Benghazi was under attack, government said it was concerned about not having permission to invade Libya's sovereignty. When the capture was made was it reported, or does anyone know, whether Libya approved of the capture by the US forces.
This Kattalah fellow is probably an actor , just like the "president". This White House appears to be disconnected from reality. It´s a farce.
This also explains why it took 644 days. They were ordered to find (a) somebody who participated in the attack and (b) who also claims he saw the video. Turns out there is only one guy in Libya that fit the bill.
Ah, his indictment of the video as the cause of the attack is why he's been "captured" and will testify in court. I wonder what they had to offer him in negotiations to stick to the video as the cause when he goes on trial.
It's a matter of religious freedom. Not guilty.

Secret Service Agent: Which channel, sir? MSNBC, CNN, or CBS?

Prez Scatoro: Jay Z or Beyonce?

Secret Service: No, sir. I think it's the military, sir.

Prez Obama: They have him? Why wasn't I infomed?

Secret Service: I sent them an email, sir.

Prez Scatoro: Good. After they get it, give to the IRS so they can lose it.

Prez Scatoro: Nah, hook up with the Pimp With a Limp and take the night off.

Fade to black. Permanently.

Maybe Ohammad can get Dershowitz and
Cochran to defend this muslomaniac. "If the Fez doesn't fit
You must acquit."
Cochran is dead. Or doesn't that matter any more?
He may be dead, but he is still voting for Democrats.
He got the Memo!
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “Captured Benghazi Suspect’s Defense Is One that Liberals Will Love”