The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

May 11, 2014 - 4:01 pm

Michael Sam was in tears when he took the call telling him he had been picked in the 7th round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams. Overcome with emotion, his boyfriend tried to comfort him as he let all the emotions bottled up for three days go.

Then, he gave his lover a peck on the lips. And then two more little pecks.

And Twitter exploded. Miami safety Don Jones tweeted “horrible” after the fact. Ownership did not take kindly to it:

A negative one-word tweet from Miami Dolphins safety Don Jones after the selection of Michael Sam in the NFL Draft drew a rebuke from the team.

Shortly after the St. Louis Rams selected Sam in the seventh round Saturday, Jones tweeted, ”Horrible.” The tweet was taken down a short time later.

[...]

”I was disappointed in those comments,” Hickey said. ”That’s not what we stand for as an organization. The draft weekend is the culmination for so many players of their lifetime achievement of their dream to achieve their goal. For Michael Sam, for all the other players, it’s such a great celebration as they begin their future.

”We’re going to sit down with Don Jones and address (the tweet)

Other negative reaction was a lot nastier:

chris phillips @bengie241

I did not wanna see Michael Sam kiss his boyfriend like the freak
6:58 PM – 10 May 2014

Was happy to see Michael Sam get drafted but they didn’t have to show him and his bf kissing

@espn y’all really showed this fag kissing his boyfriend on live tv -michael Sam

— Jody (@ihateYujody) May 10, 2014

Supreme Magnetic XL @MrGoldPackXL

@wingoz #Michael Sam ain’t have to kiss his faggot boyfriend on camera I have a small strong black son I can’t expose him to that fag
7:32 PM – 10 May 2014

The ESPN video clip doesn’t even show the kisses. No doubt the Disney company doesn’t need the headaches.

It’s not like Sam and his boyfriend locked lips and swapped spit. They were little pecks for God’s sake. Half the country goes bananas because of a same-sex peck on live TV? Sheesh.

As for his emotional outburst, here was a kid on pins and nails for 72 hours waiting for a call telling him his lifelong dream — something he had put countless hours in on the practice field, the weight room, and on Saturdays for four years — had come true. We’ve seen it countless times as straight men got the same call and broke down, kissing their girlfriends or wives. And yet so many of us lose it when a guy that no one suspected was gay until he came out exchanges a love smack with his significant other.

I’m sure there will be many in the comments who will express outrage at the kiss, and probably at me for not caring a whit what Mr. Sam does with whomever he wishes to do it with. I found nothing disgusting about it, nothing remotely sexual. I also don’t see anything that would harm children in viewing a same-sex kiss — except perhaps it might elicit some questions that nervous parents might not be prepared to answer.

Save your outrage for something serious — like an incompetent president — and leave Michael Sam and his boyfriend alone.

Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

You think the great Fathers and Mothers that sacrificed to make this country the beacon on the hill 200+ years ago would have looked at this and been proud? Felt liberated?

They would have been aghast, followed by nausea.

There will never come a day I don't find that scene gag worthy, even if I'm the last man on earth saying so. And the guy was drafted 249 and wouldn't even have made mention if it not for the fact Sam was a homosexual.

What a joke this country has become anymore with an orgy media like Moran. We deserve Caligula as our Caesar...

Sorry, Mr. Moran. Your moral preening is duly noted. A lot of us real men (who haven't been beaten down by the Gay Mafia) find male homosexuality disgusting. That's the way we're hard wired.
When the jerks at ESPN showed M Sam and his lover kissing and smearing cake in each others faces.I have no doubt 99% of the audience made a quick trip to the bathroom.Dont force that crap on us ESPN and dont think of yourself as some kind of liberator.Queer is as queer does.
I'm more upset E!SPN decided to drag a camera into whomever's house that was. The guy was slated to be drafted anywhere between 5-7. I don't think E!SPN has ever done that before, it was the pandering and total deference to him that bugged me.

Michael Sam is a gay football player? So what? I don't care what he does in the bedroom, the real question is; can he play ball?
Much ado about nothing. The opprobrium rained on Sam is nothing like that suffered by Jackie Robinson. Sam will perform or not, and a year from now no one will care. Its a pity he has to do so in this media fueled firestorm.
Men sleeping with me is just another part of a full court press by the New Age to attack G-d's laws.

As it was in the days of Noah...
That picture is everywhere, and, oh yeah, the white stuff smushed into lover boy's face is cake.

Who knew ?
Rick: the fact that the vast majority of NFL fans are revolted by this should tell you something. It really is not an issue of intolerance or homophobia.

What it is, Mr. Moran, is another instance of the majority of Americans being marginalized because the "aggrieved" and the deviant want to reshape the world in their own image. EVERYTHING has to be politicized by these rat bastards, everything. Americans of all stripes and beliefs are starting to get really, really sick of this. I'm sorry that their reaction will often be blatant bigotry, but the primary fault for the eventual backlash and pushback belongs to those activists and their enablers who double down with their in-your-face behavior.

Sam's kiss was a thoroughly stupid move on his part. Mark my words, Sir.
Howdy Don
Would you have said so if Sam had kissed a woman?
This was a very strange decision by the Rams' organization! They must know that every decision they ever make about this guy's career will be second guessed. If they ever decide to bench him or trade him or admonish him, it will be, not for cause or a sound business reason, but because he is a tinkerbell.
The Rams now have years of costly administrative bother ahead of them over this guy.
”I also don’t see anything that would harm children in viewing a same-sex kiss — except perhaps it might elicit some questions that nervous parents might not be prepared to answer.”

I’ve felt like throwing up since the moment I saw the home-page picture, not that that matters one whit: adults aren’t the problem here.

The mystery of homosexuality is way beyond my pay grade. But from what I’ve read, abuse by a same-sex parent, gross same-sex sexual imposition, and demonically inappropriate aggressive recruitment of minors by adults have all been shown to be significant components of the etiology of this phenomenon for many persons, more than a few of whom later report being tormented by their “choice” (much like women who have had abortions).

Example is the best teacher; the younger the person, the more profoundly so. Nobody’s arguing against equality under the law and a place in the sun for every person. But we’ve crossed a line in our society that in no way relates to those basic human rights. I’m sorry you’ve joined the stampede. There’s a precipice dead-ahead.
Howdy Mayberry Lady
There's no real evidence that people can be recruited to be heterosexual or homosexual. Some people who have attraction both ways may decide how to live by example but that's something rather different.
I might say, too, that if you prefer that image be censored, you do not want "...a place in the sun for every person." You could simply find the picture distasteful, you could believe it represents a serious violation of moral bounds -- but it's hard to square censoring the image with allowing Sam and his sweetheart a place in the sun.
Love how pro-gays say there's no evidence anyone can be 'recruited' but fail to mention that one of the biggest buzzes in their community is 'turning' someone. Or that a group in reality only representing 2% of the population commits 33 per cent of child sexual abuse. And there's plenty of evidence- Macmillan, 1997; Tomeo et al, 2001; Holmes et al, 1998; Doll et al, 1992; Soukup, 1995; Shrier et al, 1988; Dickson; Finkelhor, 1984 - that CSA leads to people who grow up to be gay themselves.
Howdy Fred Nerx
I suspect (I can't prove) that only a person with some degree of same-sex attraction can be "turned." If a person's stronger attraction is same-sex, why would I want to deprive her of that?
We know something about reported child sexual abuse and there's a lot we don't know about it. It's possible -- it's even likely -- that incidents involving homosexual men are reported more than other types of incidents.
I have a simple test that lacks rigor but that I find convincing. I can't form an erotic fantasy about a man. I just can't. This leads me to believe that strictly same-sex people can't form an erotic fantasy about the other sex either. That seems strong evidence that the trait is natural, not cultivated in some way.
No elements of child-rearing or even of abuse have been consistently linked to same-sex or other-sex attraction.
We probably define a place in the sun differently. I would be horrified if anyone beyond my family or a few close friends were to take, much less circulate, any pictures of me whatsoever.

As to my opinion about homosexuality vis-à-vis children, I feel no compunction.
I don't have a problem if a gay guy wants to play football. Gays pay taxes, vote, and have the same rights as you and I under the Constitution.

The problem I have is that EPSN sent cameras to his house hoping/wanting for just such an event. I detest the pandering.
To whatever degree the incident may represent pandering or the like, I agree with you.
When they have the World Soccer Cup in Qatar we can do this in their faces like a Sochi thing and everybody will be happy and Arabs will launch many Arab Springs, desperate to get at what we have cuz what Muslim nation doesn't have yearnings to be on the right side of history and Twitter shaming?
If every household in America was asked one question, “Do you support the homosexual life style?”, and if every household would be guaranteed anonymity and their names not be plastered all over the news and internet, it would be a safe bet that the vast majority would answer in a resounding “NO!”

When I saw Sam and his partner kissing and watched the immediate media frenzy over the kiss, I will admit, it turned my stomach which was a totally involuntarily reaction. If anyone were to ask men, not women, but men in general, all ages and races, about their reaction to the kiss, again, the vast majority would admit it affected them the same way.

I could care less about his sexual orientation but by damn, I am getting tired of having it forced on me and when one player tweeted something negative, the NFL team he plays for immediately took action to punish him. This is what the future holds for all of us if this continues down the same path.

If Sam is good enough, he will make the team but all we the fans will hear after every damn play he makes is that Sam, the first openly gay player, made a good play. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum!!!! You can bet his progress will be followed with updates every hour from now until his career is over and then he will become an analyst on one of the sports channels.

If one makes a negative remark about a “protected demographic” in America, all hell will come down on them by organizations and the government run by politically correct enforcement officers. Freedom of speech is not slowly eroding; it is disappearing at an alarming rate.

Yet, the one religion whose teachings and physical attacks on gays is accepted and encouraged, the same PC groups who will punish anyone who has a negative comment about a gay does not have the gonads to call out this same religion for what they do to gays and how they treat their women.

And these are the same gutless wonders that went after Tim Tebow and his religious beliefs the way the villagers went after Frankenstein’s monster with torches, pitchforks, and scythes in order to totally destroy him.

And one more comment Mr. Moran. If my comments are considered homophobic by you and PJ Media, don’t publish them.
"If Sam is good enough, he will make the team but all we the fans will hear after every damn play he makes is that Sam, the first openly gay player, made a good play."

I can see it now. Sam makes a tackle. FIRST gay guy in the NFL to make a tackle. Sam gets a sack. FIRST gay guy in the NFL to make a sack. Sam recovers a fumble. FIRST gay guy in the NFL to recover a fumble. Its nauseating.
1 2 3 4 Next View All