The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 26, 2014 - 12:02 pm

When it debuted in October 2013, Healthcare.gov wasn’t finished. The backend that verifies payments didn’t even work. It had major security flaws. It could not handle even a trickle of the traffic that its designers, the U.S. federal government, should have anticipated.

But Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) has a message for Americans who’ve had trouble using that site: It’s your fault.

YouTube Preview Image

“We have hundreds of thousands of people who tried to sign up who didn’t get through,” he said. “There are some people who are not like my grandchildren who can handle everything so easily on the Internet, and these people need a little extra time. It’s not — the example they gave us is a 63-year-old woman came into the store and said, ‘I almost got it. Every time I just about got there, it would cut me off.’ We have a lot of people just like this through no fault of the Internet, but because people are not educated on how to use the Internet.” Emphasis added.

“…through no fault of the Internet…”? Well, no, the entire Internet was not to blame for Healthcare.gov’s spectacular suckitude. That, according to Harry Reid, was the fault of anyone who had trouble with the site. And older people. He blamed older people in there too.

Previously, Reid called everyone who has reported having problems with their healthcare due to Obamacare liars. So if you’ve had insurance problems and you’ve had trouble using the government’s wonderful Healthcare.gov, according to Harry Reid, you’re a stupid liar.

The only surprise here is that Reid didn’t find a way to blame all this the Koch brothers. He’ll probably get to that next week.

Seniors have not had trouble accessing the Social Security and Medicare websites. Those have been up and running for a decade now.
Harry Reid: dumbassery, asshattery & moonbattery all rolled into one.

"We have a lot of people just like this through no fault of the Internet, but because people are not educated on how to use the Internet.”

Gee, Harry, we also have a lot of Senators just like you through no fault of the Constitution, but because Senators are not educated on how to use the Constitution.
Funny, but you never hear these complaints about Amazon, Kindle, Ebay....

And I really hope someone is capturing those soundbytes for Republican Fall Campaign Ads.
Excuse me Mr Reid. I am 62 years old and not stupid, I am extremely Internet Savvy, but more importantly, I know how to do math the old fashioned way. I CHOOSE not to purchase your imposed healthcare program because it is my choice to NOT spend 25% of my retirement income on healthcare premiums and another 35% on deductibles. I am fit, healthy and strong and I choose to enjoy my good health and my retirement income without the government's intervention. I will continue to take good care of myself and my family as I always have. Oh and by the way, the Catastrophic plan that I had before your government imposed program had a very reasonable premium and suited my needs perfectly but now, that option is no longer available to me. Although you chose to take that option away from us, we are still Americans and have the right to make our own choices and decisions! "I" am not the one that looks stupid!
Your grandchildren are pretty good at handling that graft too, aren't they Hankie-boy?
Must be true; Barack Obama was unable to use the website, and he had to have his minions file paper documents! There's Stupid right there!
How many Democrats have signed up for Obamacare? If everyone who voted for Obama had signed up, Obamacare would be the most successful Big Govt. program.
I develop software and templates. I teach my students, "If you're asking why can't George do it, you've got a George problem. But if you're asking why can't anyone do it, there aren't any anyone problems." This shoe fits Healthcare dot gov.
Harry Reid: dumbassery, asshattery & moonbattery all rolled into one.

By Obama, I think we will win in a huge landslide this November. Any talk of Barack Obama and ObamaCare being a negative in any way for Democrats this November is merely an insane prattle. The fact is that as soon as our lying opponents speak out against ObamaCare with their lies about having cancer or any other lies, like claiming to be so stupid that they can't even successfully access and use our wonderful and easy to use web site to sign up for a great and inexpensive plan, we besiege them and slaughter them. Wherever Barack Obama’s and ObamaCare's opponents go they will find themselves encircled by billions of Obama’s and ObamaCare's loving and grateful supporters. These lying liars who say they have cancer and their Tea Party masters will be burnt. We are going to tackle them. We are going to hit them with shoes! Barack Obama’s and ObamaCare's opponents will be committing suicide by the millions come this November. Be assured, Barack Obama’s Presidency for Life is safe, protected, and ObamaCare will sweep a grateful nataion. – (Joint statement just released by Harry Reid and Debbie Two-Last-Names from DNC HQ)
"Well, no, the entire Internet was not to blame for Healthcare.gov’s spectacular suckitude."

Harry Reid is the king of suckitude, the king of tyrannical ignorance.

A vicious, limited little man. Deposing him and removing his iron grip on the United States Senate would alone be a worthy goal in the November elections.
Right back atcha', Sen. Garden Gnome.

1 2 3 Next View All

One Trackback to “Democrat Tells Americans: You’re Too Stupid to Use Our Wonderful Healthcare.gov Website”