The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

March 7, 2014 - 6:52 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Boehner, so far, has been unmoved by the hearing fallout. “From what I understand, I think Mr. Issa was within his rights to adjourn the hearing when he did,” he told reporters on the Hill on Thursday.

Cummings did the media rounds yesterday to complain about Issa’s behavior, as well. After Issa’s call, he issued a statement.

“This evening, Chairman Issa telephoned me and apologized for his conduct, and I accepted his apology,” Cummings said. “My sincere hope is that as we move forward, we will respect the opinions of all members of the committee, we will proceed in a deliberate and considered manner to obtain the facts, we will refrain from making accusations that have no basis in fact, and we will seek resolution rather than unnecessary conflict.”

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Eh. Cummings doesn't speak for me. I shouldn't have to be held responsible for his childish, embarrassing behavior just because I'm black.

That goes for the terrible behavior of the likes of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Cynthia McKinney, etc...

I _do_, however, find it disheartening that so many feel they have to act that way in order to keep their death grip on political relevance.

But I don't subscribe to their philosophies or behaviors, and don't feel like I should be held responsible for them.
I want the black caucus removed from Congress, because it's racist.
The moment we stop caucusing based on skin color, will be the moment that that august body will reflect creditably upon a nation that should be above race baiting and race hucksterism.

The twin false notions that the feigned umbrage is about polity and maintenance of rules is exposed by the fact that the "Black" caucus raised the issue with its harsh words. The offense claimed is not a race issue.

And if the liars and hypocrites were so damned interested in maintaining dignity in follwowing rules, regulations, order and checks and balances they can prove it by issuing their FIRST complaint, heretofore notably absent, about this administration and the Democratic Party's seizure of the government by illegal usurpation and overrides of those very rules, regulations and checks and balances.

Unless and until such an apology is made on the floor of BOTH Houses, from the Oval Office and from EVERY agency that has beshat themselves in foul tyranny... go Fluke yourselves and your phony, race baiting, hypocrisy.
my buddy's sister makes $69 an hour on the internet . She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her pay check was $13747 just working on the internet for a few hours. Learn More>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://jobdoc.biz/?bo0337
The black caucus assumes too much power. If they are to continue getting benefits as a minority, they should become a minority and not expect the country to give in to their demands.
Don't apologize to racists, ever.
What's the CWC's (Congressional White Caucus) position on this matter? Oh wait, never mind........
Elijah Cummings is shilling for criminal IRS behaviour and is therefore as culpable as Lerner. There may be an uncorrupt member of the Congressional Black Caucus but if so he's keeping a pretty low profile.
See, rules don't apply if you're black. They're a progressive protected species.
I saw it, too. You're absolutely correct; it was a manufactured stunt. Cummings kept demanding to be allowed to ask a "question", but instead produced a truncated rant about how he thought the committee's investigation amounted to harrassment of poor Lois Lerner and the IRS. I'm paraphrasing, but it was plain where Cummings was coming from (bad pun alert).
I hear that the people in hell want ice water too.
This rates a big "So what". Outraged democrats are a dime a dozen. If you really want to make news, write an article about a democrat who has just a small shred of credibility. I won't hold my breath waiting for that since you're unlikey to find any.
I think we should give them what they *say* that they want. The committee calls Lyin Lois back to the stand, gives every one of the committee members 5 minutes to have her plead the Fifth, and then send her to the Atty. General to be prosecuted for perjury.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All

One Trackback to “Black Caucus Wants Issa Removed as Oversight Chairman”