The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

February 14, 2014 - 8:07 am

Vice President Joe Biden lauded Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz as “one of the best spokesman we have ever had” in his remarks to the House Democrats’ retreat in Maryland this morning.

“I turn on the television and Debbie is always there and always doing it well. And I committed and I am trying my best, Debbie, to help you raise some money there as well,” said Biden, who received a lengthy standing ovation from the Dems. “Last time a group stood that long and clapped for me, a guy in the back of the room — was a union hall — yelled, ‘Joe, keep talking, it’s raining outside,’” he quipped.

“I love reading these stories about how the Chinese are doing so well and the Chinese are going to eat our lunch, and the Europeans are coming back. Folks, you wouldn’t want to trade positions with any foreign leader for all the — all the money in the world. They’ve got more problems. We want to see them work their way through those problems,” Biden continued.

Manufacturing is coming back to America, he claimed, because “we have the most productive workers in the world.”

“I want the Chinese to do well. When I just met for five-and-a-half hours with President Xi and told him how much we wanted to see him do well, and he looked at me, and I said, ‘Because we want you to buy our products; we want you to be in a position to buy ours’ — but I really mean it,” he said.

“I mean, think about it. What products can you name — how many times have you been making speeches for the last 15 years about how the Chinese have graduated four, five, six times as many engineers as we have, et cetera? Where do you see a Chinese brand anywhere in the world? Folks, look, we are so much better off. We are so much better positioned than anyone else that it always amazes me that we don’t talk more about it.”

Biden said the keys to American success are the “self-selected” immigrants coming to the country and the fact that “no child in America is ever criticized for challenging orthodoxy.”

“When you think about it, the strongest come. It takes a lot of courage to pick up and say, ‘I’m heading to a country that may not particularly want me or I don’t speak the language, but I’m going anyway.’ It takes a special breed of person,” he said. “…And in spite of who’s president, in spite of who’s in the Congress, the American people are so much stronger, so much more resilient, so much more capable, that even the ridiculous policies of our friends on the right cannot keep them from moving forward.”

“…And I’d make another point, too. There isn’t a Republican Party. I wish there were. I wish there was a Republican Party. I wish there was one person you could sit across the table from, make a deal, make a compromise, and know when you got up from that table, it could — it was done. That’s what political parties — that’s what Nancy’s able to do. That’s what the president’s able to commit to. But there is no — all you had to do is look at the response of the state of the union. What were there, three or four? No, I’m not being facetious.”

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Meathead. I just don't know what else I can say about someone as delusional as good ole Joey Bidumb.
It reminds me of that boxer who was carried off the ring on a stretcher. His trainer commented: "He severely punished the knuckles of his rival with repeated face hits."
It reminds me of Sam Malone on CHEERS who once said something like this: "Yeah, well I'm pretty famous too. It's just that a lot of people don't know about it."
Delusional. Scary delusional.
People! Stay Active! WE really need you HELP! We are Ukrainian People who struggle for freedom and liberty about 3 months!

Against SELFISH AND Greedy Dictate GOVERMENT!

We need Food and Warm Clothes!

Help us! Our power going low!

1 donate is more important then 1000 words, blogs or topics. JUST DO IT!
This sounds a little like Joe's advice on personal defense; get a shotgun and fire it in the air.

Anyone think Joe's a better economist than he is a defense expert?
I've been wondering if China is buying up our debt in order to adversely manipulate our economy in the future. They can't be thinking it is a good investment, they aren't stupid.
What's scary is that if Obama were impeached or killed, this idiot would be in charge.
He's just one heartbeat away from being President.
Besides spineless GOP in DC, that would be the second biggest reason our dear little dictator is still ruling.
This has to be the biggest lie of this past century.
China is holding as of January 20, 2014, an estimated $3 trillion dollars of American debt (in paper, notes currency and the like)
This has American manufacturing, exports and commerce literally "hog-tied" to doing business with every tiny, small, medium sized and large Chinese company.
This is what "saving" America's economy with "too Big to Fail" policies, coupled with random acts of crony-capitalism and profligate welfare spending on a scale unimagined anywhere in the world does to a once great nation.
This american model was copied from EuroZone's policies, ultimately plunging all of EuroZone's member nations into tailspin recessions and chaos.
Both America and EuroZone countries will be "hog-tied" to China's manufacturing, retailing, export, and commerce sectors for the foreseeable ten to thirty years...there isn't any nice way of saying this.
Mr. Biden is deliberately lying as is his "Prevaricator-in-Chief" lying.
BLS statistics have long been denounced for the fraud they are, as has Wall Streets glowing reports on how well America's recovery is on the "up-swing!"
Folks, We The People are being played for fools and dolts, just like during all of Europe's "Guild System!" Wake-up and Pray really hard. Then join a Tea party and commit to ArticleV convention for:1)term limits, 2)balanced budget and lastly 3)return to State Rights.
Though a potential global financial crisis was averted at the last minute, one notable development has been a string of warnings by Chinese officials. Prime Minister Li Keqiang told Secretary of State John Kerry that he was “highly concerned” about a possible default. Yi Gang, deputy governor of China’s central bank, warned that America “should have the wisdom to solve this problem as soon as possible.” An opinion essay in Xinhua, the state-run media agency, called “ for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanized world.”

These statements, unusually blunt coming from the Chinese, show that repeated, avoidable crises threaten the privileged position of the U.S. as issuer of the world’s main reserve currency and (until now) risk-free debt.

When you have a ball and chain wrapped around your legs, it's hard to kick anyone's butt, you can't even kick their ankles.

Since this administration is known for lying with impunity and since someone in the know has written that Joe Biden has been wrong on every foreign policy issue for 40 years, I would say that his opinion on China's position vis a vis ours...means exactly...squat.

And, while there may be no Republican Party...there isn't a millimeter of daylight between the Democratic Party and totalitarianism.

I wouldn't make a deal with a totalitarian either. But, if I met one in an alley...I would show them the meaning of getting your butt kicked, so they never were confused about the term again.
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “Biden: We’re Actually Kicking China’s Butt, Just Nobody Realizes It”