The PJ Tatler

Restoration Fund: Gov. Bob McDonnell Asking for More Cash Handouts?

A government official who finds himself facing federal prison because of cash handouts may be asking for more cash handouts. When will it end?

J. Christian Adams

January 22, 2014 - 6:26 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Even McDonnell’s smear of the chef fits in with the pattern described in the federal indictment: McDonnell was willing to bear false witness against a lowly chef, to wreck the chef’s reputation. He was the governor, after all, so who would believe a mere chef?  The power and prestige of the office was leveraged to thrust doubt at the chef’s story of corruption and graft inside the mansion, just as the power and prestige of the office was previously used to snag free golf, hot tub covers, and Rolexes.

b

McDonnell’s collapse has another life lesson: when Republicans sell out to the left, they get nothing in return.  I’ve documented for over a year McDonnell’s close work with Soros-funded leftist groups like the Advancement Project.  He even crowed about it on the governor’s website.

McDonnell pushed hard to gain the automatic rights of felons to vote in Virginia.  The left demanded it, and McDonnell thought he could get support in the black and leftist community by adopting their felon-voting cause.

So where is the Advancement Project today? Are they defending McDonnell or doing anything to help his cause? Is the Advancement Project sugar daddy George Soros writing any checks to McDonnell’s “Restoration Fund”?

We’ll find out, because anyone who throws more than $200 at McDonnell’s effort to stay out of prison will have their name disclosed on the IRS 990 tax form.  Anyone can call the Restoration Fund and demand a copy of the 990 form.  It will be interesting to see if McDonnell’s skill at generating cash handouts continues after his indictment.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
J. Christian Adams is an election lawyer who served in the Voting Rights Section at the U.S. Department of Justice. His New York Times bestselling book is Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department (Regnery).  His website is www.electionlawcenter.com. Follow him on Twitter @electionlawctr.

Considering Gov. McDonnell has not broken any ethics or crimes under Virginia law, I find it ironic that the corrupt, deceptive and lying Obama Democrats and liberal media are piling on to charge Gov. McDonnell. It is Obama's corrupt Justice Department who is making the charges. It is all corrupt Democratic politics.
I live in Virginia. I met McDonnell when he was Atty General and looking for support for running for governor. We contributed. Period.

Now. I don't wear a Rolex. My husband doesn't wear a Rolex.

Now, what the hell does Bob McDonnell's wife think he ought to have a free $5,0000 Rolex, when the people who contributed $$$ don't feel they need to wear a free Rolex.

This is pitiful. I hope both McDonnell's go to J-A-I-L.

Now. I don't wear a Rolex. My husband doesn't wear a Rolex.

This is pitiful. I hope both McDonnell's go to J-A-I-L.
I dispise guys like this...they should both get the full 20 years in jail.
Once a grifter, always a grifter. And to think Bob was a potential VP candidate in 2011 and people even talked about him as a Presidential candidate. His only saving grace was that he refrained from saying stupid stuff most of the time. And he has good hair. Good hair is important (think Rick Perry). Great column Mr. Adams.
Partial moral to the story.... always be nice to the little guy.
See, we our kicking our people when they are down, while a Demoncrat would be raking in the money for a defense fund. Demoncrats play for keeps, Republicans fold and run away.
Nonsense. Bob McDonnell isn't "our people." His record on taxes and election integrity disqualifies him from that honorific title. More importantly, "our people" don't turn government positions into piggy banks. When one does that, they are no longer the sort of people who believe government should be limited and honorable.
Considering the corrupt, deceptive and lying Democrats . . . . keep drinking the kool-aid.
Apparently he trained his kids to do the same thing when they cleaned out the kitchen and took food back to school with them.
don't forget Maureen asking for a plane ticket to send the daughter to a bachelorette party in Savannah GA.
I haven't followed the particulars of this situation, so let's just stipulate that there was no illegal quid pro quo here, that in fact, no favors were granted to these providers of gifts. Just for the sake of discussion, mind you - I'm not expressing an opinion on that.

Who does NOT know that accepting such gifts is politically STUPID??

That's the BEST face I can put on this - world-class stupidity!

Even if he avoids prison time, I have to wonder what he's going to do for a living for the rest of his life. He's done in politics, and I don't know what law firm or lobbying outfit would hire him.

I blame Dollar Bill Bob for McAuliffe's ascension to the statehouse. Usually, I would support a fair trial for any defendant. But I'd really like to lock him up and throw away the key.
No, it was RINOs, Chris Christie, and Bobbie Jindal who starved the Republican campaign for money. The money that went to Christie could have gone to Virginia and real Republicans would have won.
Yep. Between Bob and the RINO Establishment, Terry McSleeze didn't win the election, he had it handed to him, along with the Lt. Governor's office.

I heard on my local AM news something about McDonnell facing charges which included "accepting a ride in a Ferrari". I naturally thought it was just another Scooter Libby-type smear job until I read Byron York's piece. Yikes! How could the people of Va. ever have elected someone of such glaringly low character? He and his wife are not only crass and vulgar but unbelievably stupid as well. I don't understand why nothing was revealed about their greed and financial mismanagement before the election.
1 2 Next View All