The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

January 2, 2014 - 9:52 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Poor Mr. Newman. If he had known he was going to suffer ad hominem attacks for taking an opposing view on global warming, he probably would have kept his mouth shut. The truth is, advocates like Professor Karoly have clearly demonstrated their dedication to cutting off debate about climate change and favor smearing opponents into silence.”Flat earthers,” indeed. How wedded is the good professor to the principles of scientific inquiry when he seeks to silence those with whom he disagrees?

The professor’s methods do not reflect well on science in general, and global warming supporters specifically.

Meanwhile, I’ve got another six inches to shovel off my sidewalk and my back is killing me. A few more demonstrations of climate change like this and I may need back surgery.

Maybe I could put in a claim that I was “injured” by global warming?

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

And up is down and left is right.
In the next decade we will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Last week I had a discussion with someone about the sea expedition stuck in the ice. Nice to know that they are safe now after massive efforts to rescue them.

She said that they were trapped in the ice because of global warming.

"how could that be?" I wondered.

"Well, the ice melted and they went too far. Then they got frozen in"

" So, we can expect more frozen ships as a result of global warming which is melting the ice"

"Exactly"

How can you argue with such superior logic?
So when the ship full of global warming scientist fanatics radioed from Antarctica that their ship was surrounded by ice, wouldn't the appropriate response have been:

"No, I'm sorry, the global warming data shows that the ice pack is the smallest in history."
About 40 years ago we were hearing all about the coming "Ice Age." Maybe it is finally arriving, at least where I live it seems to be.
I always like to say, "If climate didn't change, we wouldn't have a word for it." They do sound awfully desperate these days, especially when stuck in Antarctica's shrinking ice cap. Heh.
To Gridley's point: We get "exited about" them because this fictional AGW garbage is being used by the Progressive left to completely control us. There is not a single commodity or service that has not been negatively impacted by the hoax that is "climate change." The only "positive" impact is felt by those stealing our tax money for "research" or extorting money from governments and corporations in the "carbon credit" Ponzi schemes. We not only need to cut the head off this snake, we need to chop it to bits and make sure that everyone sees every single flawed piece.
Reminds me of Liberals haughtily dismissing conservatives as "baggers." These pigs never let the truth get between them and your money or freedom for that matter.
Wouldn`t it be grand to see them all gathering to twist Chinas arm into cleaning up instead.
In the next decade we will wonder what all the fuss was about.

She said that they were trapped in the ice because of global warming.

"how could that be?" I wondered.

"Well, the ice melted and they went too far. Then they got frozen in"

"Exactly"

How can you argue with such superior logic?
It's at times like that that I just sit back and think to myself, "It's time for Mother Nature to start culling the herd."

Ironic that those fools had to rely on fossil fuel to save their sorry butts.
I had to resist the temptation to post a skewed version of the "Gilligan's Island" theme, just for them...
As usual, follow the money -- in the form of government grants to universities, think tanks and other "scientific" research facilities who fund themselves with tax money. Al Gore is a very rich ex-vice president.
Reminds me of something the Bard penned long ago.

PETRUCHIO
"Come on, in God's name; once more toward our father's.
Good Lord, how bright and goodly shines the moon!"

KATHARINA
"The moon! the Sun: it is not moonlight now."

PETRUCHIO
"I say it is the moon that shines so bright."

KATHARINA
"I know it is the sun that shines so bright."

PETRUCHIO
"Now, by my mother's son, and that's myself,
It shall be moon, or star, or what I list,
Or ere I journey to your father's house.
Go on, and fetch our horses back again.
Evermore cross'd and cross'd; nothing but cross'd!"

HORTENSIO
"Say as he says, or we shall never go."

KATHARINA
"Forward, I pray, since we have come so far,
And be it moon, or sun, or what you please:
An if you please to call it a rush-candle,
Henceforth I vow it shall be so for me."

PETRUCHIO
"I say it is the moon."

KATHARINA
"I know it is the moon."

PETRUCHIO
"Nay, then you lie: it is the blessed sun."

Along those lines, right before Glendower and Hotspur get to the famous line about being able to call "spirits from the vasty deep" in Henry IV, there's another exchange in which Glendower tries and fails to impress Hotspur with this gem:

Glendower:
I cannot blame him: at my nativity
The front of heaven was full of fiery shapes,
Of burning cressets; and at my birth
The frame and huge foundation of the earth
Shaked like a coward.

Hotspur:
Why, so it would have done at the same season, if
your mother's cat had but kittened, though yourself
had never been born.

One of the benefits to the "climate change" ideology is that it's so poorly defined and unfalsifiable that pretty much ANYTHING can be considered "proof" for it, including any and all sorts of weather, all terrestrial and celestial events, and even opinion polls. (If people opine that the earth is warming, then it's a scientific consensus which just goes to show we need lots of government programs and regulation to save us from ourselves. If they opine that it isn't, then it just goes to show how badly we stupid and uneducated "deniers" need to be "educated" by government programs to show us the error of our ways and regulated to save us from ourselves.)

We know the globe must be warming because Glendower keeps showing us burning cressets and other scientific signs that portend an ill future for us. So shut up, Hotspur!
I suspect this little mudball we live on is going to keep doing what it's been doing for billions of years; gradually becoming warmer or cooler, according to the dictates of the forces that have been shaping it since it first formed.

Neither the Dre Karolys, nor the skeptics like me, are going to make a damned bit of difference, so why get excited about the Climate Change Hoaxers or the Doomsayers? None of them have been able to back up their "science" with an accurate prediction.