The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

December 18, 2013 - 11:05 am

“As a site, reddit is passionately dedicated to free speech.” Except when it’s not.

The gist at Grist: reddit has closed off comment and posting privileges for anyone who doesn’t toe the global warming line. Their censorship has been so effective at shutting off debate that they’re encouraging all newspapers to do the same thing.

The former Vice President of the United States, a man who once took an oath to defend the Constitution with its pesky guarantee of free speech, thinks this closing of minds is a very good thing.

As a privately run site, reddit has the freedom to limit discussion as it sees fit. No one is disputing that. But calling for all newspapers everywhere around the country to toe the same line — especially as the evidence or global warming crumbles, and the implications of imposing the warming crowd’s preferred policies needs to be debated openly — is a bit much to take from people who cast themselves as enlightened, open-minded and tolerant.

Bryan,

I gave up on Reddit a long time ago. I noticed it didn't take long for me to slam full-tilt into a 9 minute posting restriction. Yes, each time I'd post, I would be prevented from saving another post for 9 minutes.

I soon learned that many "redditors" will flag Constitutionalists' posts as "spam". First, this hides the post from others, AND it imposes the 9 minute delay.

You'll also learn that the default setting for new users is if one of your comments receives 4 down votes (down-twinkles), it won't even appear for other readers, unless they had the foresight to set that value to a larger number in their settings.

Just a couple of the ways the mostly statist reddit community shuts down debate on their various forums. To say it's a waste of time for anyone who wants to have a serious debate to spend a single second on Reddit.com is an understatement.
my neighbor's mother-in-law makes $79 hourly on the laptop. She has been fired from work for eight months but last month her pay was $21062 just working on the laptop for a few hours.
have a peek here ......http://www.jobs59.com
Typical Leftist response to dissent. The Reddit community will end up preaching to a constantly diminishing choir. Which is just fine with me.
Don't contaminate your browsers with Reddit. Message received. No wonder its name starts with "Red."
Bryan,

You have a First Amendment right to agree with me.

One Trackback to “Epistemic Closure Shuts the Minds at Reddit, As Algore Cheers”