The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

December 12, 2013 - 3:47 pm

It wasn’t a close vote.

The House approved a two-year budget plan on Thursday evening, voting 332-94 over the objections of conservatives concerned it would increase spending in the short-term and liberals concerned it would not extend long-term jobless aid.

The bill, which passed on a bipartisan vote, now goes to the Senate. The House vote indicates the bill could be on a relatively clear path to the president’s desk, in sharp contrast to the protracted budget standoff in the fall which resulted in a partial government shutdown.

Lawmakers face a Jan. 15 deadline this time around to approve a spending plan.

This wasn't a victory for We The People - it wasn't a victory of dems against repubs (or the other way round) - it was the progressives vs conservatives.

We agin 'them' - and the 'them's' won. You know whom I'm referring to - democrats and small r republicans - 'them'.

There are few real conservatives in congress. For speaker Boner to stand up and say he's as conservative as anyone in office is a lie big enough to possibly nudge O'Zero from the "Lie of the Year" award. Well - not really.

Boner sounded like he was braying today. And I thought only Patty Murray could bray like that!

When all you have is the House, and the fascists, oopps, the opposition, has the Senate and White House, it's all you're going to get.

The way to get a better deal is to take the Senate next year and the White House in 2016.

That's the reality.

And for all the volks whining, look how they reacted to the minuscule "shutdown".
Well, as a conservative, I am extremely happy about the latest budget deal, because it means the Republicans WON'T win the Senate in 2014 (they've just lost what remained of their conservative base).

That means the country will go broke, and fall apart that much faster. Hang on to your AR-15's, and all that ammo, because you're going to need them when we start to pick up the pieces. And don't forget the people responsible for the break-up.
When I look at the House I don't see 'us' as *having* the House. I see 'them' as having it - nearly all are progressives.

I don't know how long the small r republicans like Boner can continue the charade of 'us' against 'them'.

Unfortunately, based on the results from the last time the pachyderms had the trifecta I see little reason for hopefulness. I'mna starting to like the idea of a little cottage on a hill on the west coast of costa rica.
This is the kind of strategy that will empower and motivate me to execute the BoehnerCantorCrats next phase....Door knocking and phone calling in order to seize control of the Senate. And donating to Republicans.

Yeah.

I'll be doing that. Not.

No prob. I'm sure their new Amnesty Repubs will do the foot work that disillusioned Americans like me won't do.

/spit

Call me.
Well, it's not like this vote makes me want to primary my Rep. any less.

It just drives the point home that even if we succeed, it probably won't do any god.
Now that they have gotten rid of any pretense of fiscal conservatism, Boehner, Ryan, et.al. will go home for the "holiday season break" [can't say the C-word for fear of offending Democrats] and rest up for the coming pivot to Amnesty and Permanent Open Borders. Then they can start the 2014 campaign by demanding the absolute, enthusiastic support of the TEA Party or otherwise the Democrats will get what they want.

Subotai Bahadur