The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

November 5, 2013 - 10:16 pm
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

“And that mission, that mission is to make sure that everyone, everyone in New Jersey who’s affected by Sandy is returned to normalcy in their life. And I want to promise you tonight, I will not let anyone, anything, any political party, any governmental entity, or any force get in between me and the completion of my mission.”

In telling the story of the past year of recovery, Christie said: “I’ve had a lot of people ask me for hugs.” That’s when a handful of audience members shouted that they wanted their hugs.

“You’ll get your hug later, brother. And I can tell you this. I guess there is open bar tonight, huh?”

Christie’s hug buddy after Sandy, though, left him off a list of congratulatory phone calls. The White House said President Obama called Virginia Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe, New York Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio, and Boston Mayor-elect Martin Walsh to hail their victories.

“I know that tonight a dispirited America, angry with their dysfunctional government in Washington, looks to New Jersey to say, ‘Is what I think happening really happening? Are people really coming together? Are we really working, African-Americans and Hispanics, suburbanites and city dwellers, farmers and teachers? Are we really all working together?’ Let me give the answer to everyone who is watching tonight. Under this government, our first job is to get the job done. And as long as I’m governor, that job will always, always be finished.”

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

I'm surprised Christie didn't send himself flowers. He has that same 'superior' attitude that Obama has - just expresses it differently.
To paraphrase King Hussein, "If the voters of New Jersey like their governor, they can keep him. Period."
What can I say?

The same idiot GOP establishment hacks, lemming voters, and left-wing media shills will make sure Christie is the nominee...and he'll lose just like the last two "electable" candidates - McCain and Romney.

Only this time, I won't hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils...because I'm not convinced Christie would be much better than Hillary or anyone else the Dems offer up. He's a corrupt, traitorous, narcissistic blowhard who shouldn't be in elective office.

If he gets the nomination in 2016, I'll vote third party.
my classmate's mother-in-law makes $82 an hour on the computer. She has been laid off for eight months but last month her pay was $19991 just working on the computer for a few hours. you can try this out.......>>>>WWW.Bay95.COM
Are there no other GOP governors?
All smoke and mirrors. NJ foreclosure rate is highest in nation. The coast is NOWHERE near being rebuilt.
I'm surprised he didn't break his arm by patting himself on the back. This rumored GOP lineup is getting more disgusting and frightening by the day. Republicans have NOTHING to offer the Conservative voting base. Even the guy who is running against Lamar Alexander has nothing to say about anything except obamacare and yet he's asking for donations for his candidacy. They are forcing us to vote third party.
As elections near, 2014, 2016, doesn't matter, more will come out with the party unity, big tent, bipartisan, etc etc campaign slogans.

Give me one example of establishment put party unity ahead of party establishment.
so when does the Repub Party come up with folks who represent the Repub wing? You know, the one that used to preach limited govt, individual liberty and responsibility, and all those other values that are evidently passe even among the GOP. When conservatism is measured as the sum of being anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage, then the term has lost all meaning.

When last in power, the GOP gave us a new Medicare entitlement, No Child, the monstrosity of the TSA cloaked inside the Hydra of DHS, and Dem-like spending. It made griping about Obama's spending sound more like regret over who was doing it than what was being done. The party keeps nominating moderates, from Romney back to Bush the Elder and wonders why it loses.
I wish New Jersey would give Christie a lifetime appointment as their RINO in Chief and keep him off the national stage. He can be honored by it, and the rest of us can be spared having to put up with him.
Just what the country needs a John McCave think alike. When will we learn? And people wonder why the GOP is know as the STUPID party.
We have to win to govern.
We did, in 2002...we governed like Democrats.

Why should we care if we win again with people of that cut or even more "moderate".
If they govern as poorly or worse than the opposition, then how can you ever consider that a win?
"Christie Gives a 2016 Speech Full of Talk of Bipartisanship, Leadership..."

That's the GOP's problem: "...Full of Talk..." As Barry said throughout his campaign against Hillary: "Words, just words..."

How long has it been since we've had a Republican who would do what he says? Words are cheap, words are easy, words are meaningless if the speaker is not held accountable. Like Boehner, our beloved, beleaguered Speaker of the House, many GOPers find it easy to voice opposition to the devastating, catastrophic immigration bill, yet secretly they pray it will pass, and say so when they think they're not overheard.

Few, if any, of our so-called leaders care about or even know why America has been great in the past, or what America will become in the short-term future. Politics has trumped reality and rationality in our nation's capital.
I might add that only a 'liberal Democrat' would think that this was a winning proposition to reduce crime - another get-out-of-jail, never-suffer-the-consequences-of-your-actions 'program' from Christie's state, as linked from Drudge : "NJ to hold fugitive safe surrender"

I'm sure these low-risk offenders will see the error of their ways and thank the citizens of NJ for their kindness. Yes, I'm sure.
You mean Obama didn't send Christie flowers. Not to worry O, when you cancel elections for 2016 and declare marital law the Gov will be covering your back.
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “Christie Gives a 2016 Speech Full of Talk of Bipartisanship, Leadership, and Hugs”