The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

September 12, 2013 - 9:51 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

I met Katrina a few years ago at a massive Tea Party rally that she organized in the Dallas area. The event itself was impressive. She is an extraordinary woman with an inspiring story and a spine of titanium. Katrina is not a rising star, she is a bona fide star. She is a friend of freedom and, to be honest, one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. That’s why I asked her to contribute to the Tatler once in a while. Katrina already has a very visible media presence in her district and can be expected to wage a fierce issues-based campaign that will attract national attention.

I stick to a policy here of not endorsing in Republican primaries, but Katrina’s run promises to be exciting for grassroots conservatives. That said, she faces an uphill fight. She will be taking on Republican Rep. Pete Sessions in the GOP primary. Sessions is one of the most powerful congressmen in the GOP and in Washington.

Perhaps fortune favors the brave. This will be a race to watch.

Update: Katrina just won an important endorsement.

I have to say, Katrina is the kind of person the Founders had in mind when drawing up the legislative branch. Citizens who care enough about their country to put themselves on the line, but are not interested in just amassing power or making a career of being in Washington. That’s Katrina. She’s the real deal.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Pete Sessions will be tough to beat; which would make victory taste that much sweeter.

End of RINOs. Death to the Republican Party. Long live the Tea Party.
I wish her all the best of luck. For the very little that its worth, she might try a campaign slogan along the lines of:
"I don't want to go to Washington to pass laws, I want to go there to repeal them."
Spineless Pete: the clock is ticking.
The Tea Party "is" the Republican Party. Its members are the majority. We will not be dissuaded, deluded, compromised, delayed, detoured, bought or lured away. We will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, negotiate at the table of corruption, hesitate in the presence of adversary or meander in the maze of mediocrity. We won't give up, shut up or let up because we're prayed up and suited up. You won't have any problem recognizing us!
I am glad Katrina Pierson chose to challenge Pete Sessions in the Republican primary. Pete Sessions is a loyal establishment type Republican first elected in 1996. I've volunteered in his campaigns in the past, but I believe in term limits and 18 years is long enough. We should recognize Pete's political skill in the 2010 House elections while also recognizing that we need principled leaders in Congress during this challenging time. It's unfair to call Pete Sessions a RINO, but he's been known to take unprincipled political shortcuts.
She would be a good person for the Federal government to send to the
negotiations with the Republic of Texas during the reformation of the USofA.
That's a lot of words to do no more than regurgitate the nothingburger scandals and proclaim "there is perhaps no single government program that poses a greater threat to our life, liberty and prosperity than Obamacare". I can't help but think there's millions of people that disagree. Are you against that government funded socialist ran health care for members of Congress as well?

Considering how these tea party types like to be so Constitutionally conscience, you do understand that it passed the House from representatives that ran on a campaign of reforming health care, passed the Senate who ran on a campaign of reforming heath care, signed by the Executive Branch that ran on a campaign of reforming health care, and was upheld by a rather right leaning and conservative friendly Judicial Branch. I mean, how much more Constitutional can you get? Doesn't your position somewhat defy that?

I might also ad that in case you didn't notice what happened in Nov, these same elected officials that ran on health care reform and enacted health care reform, gained seats in both upper and lower cambers while retaining the White House.
Until you hurdle the premiums, deductibles, and co-pays, "ObamaCare" doesn't get anyone closer to healthcare than I am closer to bagging Matthew McConaughey. ObamaCare is a health insurance mandate. Period.
I believe that the US Constitution prohibits Congress from passing a law that mandates that individuals buy a product. They could have passed a law with tax incentives to encourage people to buy health insurance, but they didn't have the votes. They didn't have votes for an expensive refundable tax credit to influence behavior of people who pay almost no income tax and a tax increase to pay for it.

The big scandal is it appears that the White House Counsel, later Obama campaign lawyer Robert Bauer used the power of multiple different federal agencies to target Catherine Engelbrecht of True the Vote. They thew everything they had at someone working to prevent election fraud. Why was Catherine worth that level of effort and political risk? Did Team Obama think they needed election fraud to win? That is a HUGE scandal worthy of thorough investigation.

The other big scandal is our President appears to have decided to let Americans die in Benghazi rather than admit that America was attacked by a militia. He clearly lied about the nature of the attack. There were clearly survivors that would need to transported from the country. He appears to have been more interested in reelection than doing his job.
"I believe that the US Constitution prohibits Congress from passing a law that mandates that individuals buy a product."

I don't know why you "believe" that.

I've read the Constitution. It's not difficult to understand for honest people.

Our Constitution prohibits our federal government form doing anything it is not explicitly authorized to do. It is not explicitly authorized to require any person to buy a product. In fact, it's not authorized to do... most of what it does.

It's really that simple.

I don't "believe" that. It's not my opinion. It's a fact. I know it, because it's in plain English.
Fact fail, logic fail, grammar/spelling fail.
Three strikes and you are out of credibility; Why bother to post, one wonders.
Fact fail, logic fail, grammar/spelling fail.
Now, what's wrong with that sentence? Perhaps another time we can discuss, "thar religion"?

I've read some of your stuff and have no interest in attempting to rationalize your logic.

Perhaps you can point out something in my comment that is inconsistent with facts, assuming you're above a throw-a-rock-and-run level. A useful hint might be to not misconstrue opinions with facts.
I like what I'm seeing here, keep us posted on this woman.

End of RINOs. Death to the Republican Party. Long live the Tea Party.
Not bad. Certainly fits with who she is.
Spineless Pete: the clock is ticking.
You might let her know that the Meet Katrina tab on her website doesn't work.
It's working fine at the moment.

I hope she gets more info on her positions on her website. It's pretty slim pickin's for anybody wanting to evaluate her candidacy.