The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

August 9, 2013 - 7:08 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Does Dewhurst believe that state Sen. Wendy Davis is a real threat to GOP dominance in Texas?

DHD: No, Wendy Davis isn’t a threat to Republicans. With all due respect to Wendy Davis…I started to say she was a 15-second flash in the pan. But now it’s a couple weeks flash in the pan. The majority of Texans are conservative….Wendy Davis is a very liberal person. She doesn’t represent the mainstream, the majority of Texans.

On why he should remain Texas’ lieutenant governor –

DHD: The majority of Texans want to see a state that’s growing. And I know how, as a businessman, to grow a business, and I know how to grow a state . And we’re growing. Texas is growing this year according to Comptroller Combs 3.4%. Our economy’s growing 3.4%. Over twice the rate of the national economy, at 1.6. I know how to create jobs. I’ve done it all my life. I am probably one of the most conservative elected officials — not probably — I’m one of the most conservative elected officials in the country. And one thing everyone knows about David Dewhurst, whether you’re talking about my standing there with a mob and then we got overrun, we didn’t have enough police officers here, I came back with more police officers, and we passed our historic pro-life bill. People know that I stood there, and when the House couldn’t pass it I passed voter ID three times. One night going 26 hours in a row without stopping. Cause it’s important, it’s right.

Lt. Gov. Dewhurst also addressed the constitutionality of that voter ID bill, pledging to fight for it all the way to the Supreme Court. He noted that states that have passed voter ID have seen voter turnout increase. He also spoke about the state’s demographic shift and what it means for the state’s future. Dewhurst explains that future in his fluent Spanish at about the 16 minute mark, and finishes with a salute to Texans.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Military Patrolling Grand Central Station in NYC (And He Knows Press For Truth!)

In good times when everything is peaceful, a D. Dewhurst wouldn't be a bad candidate. We don't live in those times. We need warriors. We need statesmen. We need patriots. We need leaders who will die before giving ground or compromising sacred values. Today we need Washington, Mason, Jefferson and Adams, not Dewhurst.
Right on David IV! NO more political class phonies!
Quick, find a RINO. Some non-RINO might be in the news soon and we need to have a name people are familiar with so we can promote him as 'reasonable'.
Dewhurst is a Marco Rubio variety RINO.
OMG, Mr. Preston, could your interview get any more soft ball?

How about asking Dewhurst about his symbiotic relationship with Joe Strauss who is the state's biggest RINO? Or about his blockade of the anti-TSA bill when he caved to the threat from a U.S. attorney? Or maybe how he didn't back Governor Perry on reducing the percentage CADs could increase property values in one year?

"I know how to create jobs. I've done it all my life."

Lt. Gov. Dewhurst seems to be confused. Politicians don't create jobs. They create rules and regulations, and in Texas, that falls under the purview of the legislature, not the Lt. Gov.

Yeah, he got blindsided by the paid mob supporting Wendy Davis. It didn't need to happen. Everyone knew that Planned Parenthood was paying people to go to Austin to protest. Everyone except David Dewhurst, it seems. So while Senator Donna Campbell, M.D., put an end to Davis' filibuster, Dewhurst was clearly out of his league.

Fighting for our voter I.D. laws, David? Well, last time I checked, that issue is out of YOUR hands and now the fight is left up to Attorney General Greg Abbott, not you.

And oh, my, color me impressed that he speaks Spanish. Golly gee, he can talk to all those Democrats in the State House in their native language. I'm supposed to be impressed?

Maybe next time, Bryan, you can ask him about our out of control educational debt that is dumped on local taxpayers. And why we are being forced, by stupid school boards, to pay for foot ball fields that resemble the Arlington Stadium while teachers whine how they need all those aids.
I’m a lifelong businessman

Really? How long ago? When was the last time you held a non-government job? And before that, what kind of business did you run? For how long?

And why don't you take some time off from being a perpetual employee of the government and go back to private business for a while?