The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 16, 2013 - 8:25 am

Call it superstition.

Stevie Wonder won’t be performing in Florida anytime soon.

In the wake of the George Zimmerman acquittal, the singer said he would not be performing in the Sunshine State until its Stand Your Ground law is “abolished.” He also said he would not be performing in any other state that recognizes the law, which some say contributed to Zimmerman’s acquittal in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012.

The “some” who “say” that “stand your ground” contributed to Zimmerman’s acquittal are what you call “wrong.” His defense never invoked “stand your ground.” Everyone reading here already knows that. It’s the people out there who have either been misled by the media or who are misleading others for their own purposes who don’t know that, or don’t care.

“I decided today that until the Stand Your Ground law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again,” Wonder said Sunday while performing in Quebec City. “As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world.”

Meanwhile in the world Sharpton, Wonder and Obama among others are creating, the entire Zimmerman family has had to go into hiding to get away from death threats.

I wonder if this nitwit can even explain what stand-your-ground laws mean? For that matter I'd like ANY of the morons who oppose these laws to tell me what they think the law means.

And Stevie, my standard question applies to you too: how many times to I get to bang your skull against concrete before you're allowed to defend yourself?
So, if all the states that have this law are boycotted by Stevie, he won't be coming back to his Home State of Michigan......
.....that Jennifer Granholm, a Democratic Progressive of the highest order, signed into law.........
.....that has [almost never] been used in court or most anywhere else .
It's not been needed too much, but it is so nice to have as back-up.
Damn, Steve....I knew you were blind, but I didn't know you were also stoopid. If you were not already irrelevant, I would not buy any more of your music. None of these black artists realize they are not wealthy due to black people buying their "art"...its white people's money that makes them rich.

Remember BENGHAZI!
he hasn't done much anywhere since 2005. i doubt that very many will notice his absence. or care.
Stevie should avoid Florida anyway, in preference of... Higher Ground.
Devastating...

Hey Stevie! Oklahoma has a 'Make My Day Law.' Boycott us too while you're at it.
When I first read this, I thought "Stevie Wonder is alive?"
Then I thought "Stevie Wonder is still touring?"

Maybe Little Stevie and Biance can get together and hold a benefit concert in, oh, say Detroit.
Stevie Who? Say didn't he used to be a singer or something like that? Just kidding. I heard that he is jealous because George Zimmerman is a better shot than he is.
O M G that was toooooo damn funny!

Remember BENGHAZI!
OMG! How will the world go on without Stevie Wonder visiting Florida?

(...wow, my coffee is hot!)

Gee, I wonder what I was just thinking? Oh well, it probably didn't matter anyway.

All black people should boycott Florida. Noble Africa beckons. No violence, no racism, no profiling, no crime. It's very nice. And it's noble.
I wonder if Stevie Wonder will revise his statement to say that he will not return to FL until 'self-defense' is outlawed.
1 2 Next View All