The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

May 14, 2013 - 2:39 pm

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) at a media availability after a closed policy lunch earlier today when asked whether he’d support resolutions to crack down on practices like Kermit Gosnell’s:

“Listen, and I know you’re all trying to, what led to this — these convictions of murder for this man is the fact that people have been pushed back into these holes to do something that’s legal. I think that all this picking of these clinics and throwing chemicals into them to make them so they can’t use them, you can’t get the chemicals out, all these restrictive laws — the law of the land is now what the Supreme Court has said. And I think to keep pushing these clinics back into situations where they wind up like this is wrong.

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

" I think that all this picking of these clinics and throwing chemicals into them to make them so they can’t use them, you can’t get the chemicals out, all these restrictive laws — the law of the land is now what the Supreme Court has said."

I'm sorry, English is my only language. Can someone who speaks Moron please translate this for me? What is he even trying to say?
Mississippi passed a law requiring every abortionist in the state to be board certified as an OB-GYN and to have admitting privileges at a local hospital. Felicia Brown-Williams, regional director of public policy for Planned Parenthood in Hattiesburg, said “I am sick about this.” So Harry is miscasting the characters in his abortion fantasy. It's the pro-responsibility group that is advocating for safer conditions for women. Roe vs. Wade didn't end back alley abortions, it just moved a storefront to the back alley.

"I think that no matter how you stand on the issue of abortion, people who make that decision should do it and not have to be worried about infections and some butcher like this doing the bad things they do. They should be in a place that’s clean and sterile and have people that know what they’re doing and care about what they do.”

Because, as everyone knows, a grizzly act like snipping a newborn's spinal cord is immediately transformed into a kind and gentle act when the floor is clean and the implements are shiny.

I can't comment on the mind (?) of Harry Reid and more effectively than Silverage did. But it does seem that the barbarity of late-term abortion is beginning to resonate among those who do know about the Gosnell clinic. The latest Gallup polls on abortion are finding more people questioning the depravity inherent in the practice of abortion.
Gotta love the left. It's not "murder" if it's done in a clean white smock and performed with shiny instruments. Just like it's not "stealing" if it's done with lots and lots of official paperwork.
Yeah, it's prolifers' fault that abortionists twist the heads off of newborns, too. This is just awful and graphic. NSF children, and anyone who plans to eat today.

It's not Moron-speak; it's cowboy poetry....

Regardless of what words are used, all statements in Moron mean exactly the same thing: "I am a moron." That's what Reid is saying whenever he speaks. It's what he means with anything he writes. It is the sole thought rattling around inside his head.

Not that I *speak* Moron or anything, mind you...
Very clever of the MSM to supress coverage of the Gosnell trial. By leftists aggressively coming out and condemning Gosnell while framing this as a "pro-choice victory," people hearing this for the first time have no frame of reference, do they? T Thhe whole tragedy
Your marvelous "new" commenting tool froze on me, thank you very much. What I was trying to say was that the left is successfully blaming "anti-abortion reactionaries" for these crimes and tragedies. And here we thought this trial would help the pro-life cause. We really don't know the enemy very well, do we?