The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

April 7, 2013 - 10:46 am
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Much more on the next page.
USA Today has its own rogues gallery of filth:

Some unbelievers want to assure Rick and Kay Warren, his wife and Matthew’s bereaved mother, that there’s no heaven where they’ll meet their son again.

You can find, among hundreds of comments on USA TODAY’s news story on Matthew’s death, comments such as the Cincinnati poster who says, “Either there is no God, or God doesn’t listen to Rick Warren, despite all the money Rick has made off of selling false hope to desperate people.” In another comment, the same poster counsels Warren to “abandon primitive superstitions and accept the universe for what it is — a place that is utterly indifferent to us.”

ome rush to add pain to the Warrens’ world because, in their view, he did not show sufficient compassion for the unremitting pain suffered by gay youths rejected by parents and peers. They were outraged when Warren took a political stand for Prop 8, which overturned legal same-sex marriage in California in 2008 and is now before the U.S. Supreme Court.

Others have appointed themselves 140-character theologians in a debate over whether someone once saved can lose his or her salvation if suicide is against God’s law. These posters, rather than waiting for Judgment Day, have ruled for hell.

But Bruce Kwiatkowski of the University of Toledo posted on Facebook: “I appreciate what Pastor Ronald Cole said about the subject of Christian suicide. He said the Lord will say, ‘We weren’t expecting you yet…’ ”

John Schuurman observed on Facebook that celebrity culture makes everyone “fair game” and the anonymity afforded by social media that allows people to “send out hate flames without any consequence.”

Are people really that bereft of humanity and care that they think no more of trying to inflict pain on the families and friends of someone who died than they do of swatting a fly? I am hoping most of it is bravado — trying to outdo a previous commenter to prove how tough they can sound. All they are doing is showing a shocking lack of empathy and kindness — values that used to be thought highly of in the civilized world.

Disturbing and unsettling to be sure.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.

If you want to prove the ailment exists on both sides, you need a better example than Ted Kennedy. While usually when someone celebrates the death of a political figure, that's because the person is blinded by partisanship (I saw some on the right celebrate the death of Ebert because of his outspoken beliefs), I'd say the only reason people said good things about Ted Kennedy was because of partisanship. If anyone else had drowned a woman, fled the scene, and then tried to use his privilege to get away with it, everyone would agree that person should be strung up from the nearest tree. It was only because of awful partisanship that Ted Kennedy was tolerated at all. His existence in the Senate is just one of those things from the past I'll just shake my head at and never understand -- like our country's awful history of racism.
Quite ironically, I live on the very street as the Kennedy childhood household. I must say, seeing and listening to the tourist who come here, they don't come here because it's history, they come here because they belong to a cult, whether they understand it or not.

Even more ironically, there is another house on this street that has a brick garage partially set into a hill. The Federal tour guides will tell them how it is that this is one of the locations where the Kennedys would hide bootleg liquor during prohibition.

Imagine that. People practically falling down over their Liberal God while not even hearing how it is that his antecedents are crime and smuggling.

Liberals are truly a pathology and a mental disorder.
I try to avoid speaking ill of the dead, with a few exceptions (I did not pretend to be sad about Hugo Chavez, for example). I most certainly do not speak ill of the dead or their family it when someone's child (granted he was an adult) dies. Rick Warren's son was not a public figure and to punish his parents over this is classless and wrong. I do not know why he killed himself, but he did reportedly suffer from depression and I have only sympathy to his family at this point.

As for Ted Kennedy, one of the most outspoken critics of him after his death was Andrew Breitbart. Now I do not think Breitbart's comments were that out of hand (Ted Kennedy was a public figure and hardly blameless) and Breitbart was obviously owning his own comments. And the left engaged in far worse attacks against Brietbart after he died.
I think Kennedy is an exception. If people are a allowed to get away with committing crimes against their neighbor, and without expressing sincere repentence are still lauded as heroes, then we have no choice but to make that clear, even after their death. When Clinton goes down to his just reward (may it be soon), the same applies. But with Obama, it's just policy; I would be against wishing him ill, during his life or afterwards.

"When your enemy falls, do not rejoice", but "in the destruction of the evil there is joy".
Leftists are indeed bereft of humanity.
I REALLY REALLY hated Ted Kennedy's politics and personal behavior, but when he died, I forbore saying anything online of my unworthy thoughts. I do disagree with Mr Warren on several issues, but this torrent of hatred, bitterness and ugliest intolerance is HORRIBLE. Homosexuality was officially de-classified as a mental illness in the 1970s by the American Psychiatric Association under pressure from the homosexual community, but judging from the homosexual activists' terrifically irrational, twisted, hate filled words and behavior when someone disagrees with them or will not accept homosexuality as totallly OK, wonderful and natural, homosexuality is very obviously a mental illness, the APA notwithstanding. Mr Warren and his family and friends have enough to deal with now,without the haters, militant atheists and such piling on. It's sickening, and WRONG.
Sheesh, what is it with so many writers equating official published voices with anonymous internet posters? I won't even read posts in most places due to the utter stupidity, nastiness, or downright evil things people post. I resent being compared with people of such vile simply because we might have a vaguely similar thought.

Osama Bin Laden, Hugo Chavez, and Ted Kennedy were the only people I can remember expressing gladness that they had died, simply because their contribution to making this world a worse place is over. I've never understood "Don't speak ill of the dead". The truth is the truth. But we should treat the dead and living in the same way, by enumerating their misdeeds. Teddy Kennedy's treatment of conservatives, essentially "Borking" so many voices for his own political gain, was awful and deserving of condemnation.

But you can say "He was wrong in life" without devolving into a complete a**hole. This is where so many PUBLISHED opinions differ. The left often says "burn in hell" (which they ironically often profess to disbelieve in), while conservatives say "May God be mericiful on his soul", "may their family be comforted", or "hopefully with this death the wrong-ness ends".

But I guess this goes back to the old Prager-ism. If we just think they're stupid then we can pity them in death. If they think we're evil they can justify celebration of ours.
One thinks of Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church...
The point the author was making was the cruel and careless way that hyper-partisans inflict needless pain on grieving families. I'm sure the worst offenders have decried the "politicizing" of deaths in tragedies like Newtown or Katrina when the other side used those tragedies for political purposes. This is much worse...
As someone who's lost a son to suicide, I can only ascribe plain old evil to those who would make such comments. It may be that losing a spouse is more painful, but short of that, nothing cuts as deep a gash across your life. The pain never goes away, and you feel it every single day.

As has been said many times, liberals believe that conservatives are evil, and conservatives believe liberals are wrong; its a completely different mindset. That leads to liibs treating conservatives in the most hateful ways, and this is a clear example. I hate that public discourse has come to this.
One can judge the character of someone who celebrates a tragedy and exploits it to their advantage. We are seeing this occurrence more and more from the Liberal Left. It is disgusting to see this nastiness, and I am ashamed to called them a member of m species.
I've got to say, Rick Warren is not a hero of mine, nor do I think he's helping the cause of Christ much. I think the Purpose Driven Business Model (R) in particularly anti-God. But I can't revel in the pain and sorrow and loss of a man's son. Who can smile and laugh at that? I can't.

And I've also got to say, perhaps out of spite, that I didn't know much about Jerry Falwell, or care particularly for what I knew about him. But when Kathleen Parker wrote that vile obit of him, I never read another peice by her again.

Some people just love to mock Chistians
"Are people really that bereft of humanity and care that they think no more of trying to inflict pain on the families and friends of someone who died than they do of swatting a fly?"

Yes. And Jesus says when we are judged we will have to account for every idle word. This is what people are like when we strip away the veneer of good manners and respectability.
I agree with this. Liberals like to mock Christians and make believe they are so superiour (see randomengineer) when in fact they barely seem human in their visceral hatred.
1 2 3 Next View All

One Trackback to “Left Celebrates the Death of Rick Warren’s Son”