The PJ Tatler

Stephen Green

March 8, 2013 - 10:28 am

This one comes via Weasel Zippers, who has nothing to say except for “So dumb, so, so, so, so dumb.” Here’s the story:

A Michigan elementary school is defending its decision to confiscate a third-graders batch of homemade cupcakes because the birthday treats were decorated with plastic green Army soldiers.

Casey Fountain told Fox News that the principal of his son’s elementary school called the cupcakes “insensitive” — in light of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

“It disgusted me,” he said. “It’s vile they lump true American heroes with psychopathic killers.”

Now, I like to think of myself as more of a wordsmith than Weasel Zippers could ever hope to be, so I’d like to just say…

So dumb, so, so, so, so dumb.

Stephen Green began blogging at VodkaPundit.com in early 2002, and has served as PJMedia's Denver editor since 2008. He's one of the hosts on PJTV, and one-third of PJTV's Trifecta team with Scott Ott and Bill Whittle. Steve lives with his wife and sons in the hills and woods of Monument, Colorado, where he enjoys the occasional lovely adult beverage.

You think the plastic soldiers are bad? Wait'll Michelle Obama finds out that the elementary school kids were permitted to have cupcakes.

Even worse, wait until she realizes she did not get "her fair share."
Principal Conquers-All-Cupcakes thinks she's non-violent and that she's teaching non-violence, because she commanded, the wee child stood limp, and she had her way effortlessly! Without exertion! Hurray for non-violence!
I will tell you a thing. I have seen bits and pieces of Salo, the 120 Days of Sodom. Yea, verily. And by this standard of nonviolence, there are LOTS of scenes of non-violence in the film. Indescribable, mind-boggling, not-fit-for-a-family-website scenes of totally depraved, righteously righteous non-violence.The perky things on the receiving end of all the compliance are sadly lacking in soldiers. As best I can recall -- and I haven't seen the whole thing -- they don't even have plastic green soldiers on their side, poor things.
But, oh, the non-violence of it all, the non-violence! It's the non-violence of uttermost meek compliance even in the minutest detail! Here is the non-violence of it: A little boy, well-trained in meek obedience to every incomprehensible whim of whoever speaks to him with an air of authority -- and has a three- or four-times size advantage -- stood back and let this imperious fool mangle his cupcakes like he's been trained to do all his life.
I love what the principal says about walking a delicate balance. The delicate balance, you see, is between "teaching non-violence in our buildings" and "trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere." Unless I'm mistaken, the delicate balance is therefore between "Do it my way" and "Do it my way." There's a guaranteed successful outcome! It probably boosts the principal's self-esteem.
I wonder how many kids at the school have relatives in the service? How is that being sensitive to them?

Even worse, wait until she realizes she did not get "her fair share."
I would add: stupidity on stilts - with roller skates.
I find it interesting that the principal in the story says that it is the job of his (public) school to teach "non-violence." Can anybody tell me any positive result that has come from non-violence? Certainly not the civil rights movement - anyone who says otherwise wasn't around in the 60s and 70s. Gandhi and India? Hundreds of thousands dead. Indians and Pakistanis mowed down like wheat. Christianity? It's illegal to teach that in school.