The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

March 5, 2013 - 6:50 am

Every year hundreds of thousands of Americans use firearms to defend themselves from attackers of one kind or another. Despite the state’s reputation as a frontier state, Colorado’s Democrats are hell-bent on disarming law-abiding citizens and, in particular, women, from being able to defend themselves with a firearm. The latest is state Sen. Evie Hudak who, at a hearing on banning concealed carry on college campuses, told rape survivor Amanda Collins that having a gun would not have done her any good. Collins had just shared her story of survival. Democrat Hudak berated her in response.

I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experience in taekwondo, and yet because this individual was so large and was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get than from you and possibly use it against you …

Or she could have shot him, or cornered him and called 911 to get the police to come pick him up. A pistol can be a great equalizer in the face of a threat.

Democrats like Hudak would prefer that you be a victim, even of rape, than you have the ability and means to defend yourself.

Hudak is the third Colorado Democrat to make insane remarks regarding firearms and rape in the past few weeks. In February, state Sen. Paul Rosenthal argued that women should use the “buddy system” or judo to defend themselves from rape. Judo is a fine idea, but Amanda Collins’ experience suggests that martial arts may not be enough. A day before that, state Rep. Joe Salazar argued that women should rely on whistles and call boxes if they’re under attack from a rapist. Salazar further suggested that women should not be trusted with a firearm, because they might shoot even if they are not under attack.

Three Democrats have now loosed misogynistic remarks about rape. Two men, one woman, but all Democrats. Who’s waging a war on women and their right to defend themselves?

Also read: Colorado Fights Concealed Carry on Campus: Why, Exactly?

I hope this congresswoman gets raped. I hope every single person out there trying to take people's guns gets raped or murdered. or raped and then murdered. What part of the Bill Of Rights do the idiots here not understand? Death and worse to Tyrant's. Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Giving up your guns hoping that it may stop others from committing a crime with theirs is like having yourself castrated because your neighbor has too many children. Or in this case liberals taking your guns so other people might not commit crimes with theirs is like them castrating YOU because your neighbor has too many kids.
I'm six feet tall, 225 pounds. I can bench 300 pounds and I have a red belt in jujitsu. There are very few people I'm afraid of hand-to-hand, and very few of those are women.

Funny thing, Senator Hudak... absolutely -none- of what I just listed about myself makes me bulletproof. A 95-pound woman able to exert six pounds of pressure on a trigger can drop me like a bad habit. Put that in your statistics and smoke it.
Why so cold blooded,Evie ? It is not only the 2nd Amendment you are stomping on, nor the 4th,it is the whole bloody purpose of having a Constitution that you would cast aside.

Validate your 2nd Amendment Rights.Carry.
Politicians such as Sen. Evie Hudak is an enemy to our Liberties and Freedoms and doesn't think twice about taking the means to protect oneself away from America's law abiding citizens, would he exempt himself, I'm going to guess yes. I'm sure he's one of the first to vote himself a raise and to raise taxes on the citizens of his state. America, we need to stand together and vote these self serving, agenda pushing enemies of our Liberties and Freedoms out of office. He and others are attempting to destroy America and to do so they have to disarm We The People. God Bless America and all Real Freedom Fighting Patriots.

On the plus side, nobody said anything about snakes under their desk.
Perhaps ther worst part is that the State Senator explained that if the victim had a gun then the rapist could have gotten ahold of it and used it on her.

The guy already had a gun! If he had two guns would that have made it worse?
I take it CNN and MSNBC will be all over this senator for her insensitive comments to a rape victim. Right?
Will Colorado recall this empty headed woman?
None of these Democrats have daughters, or they're willing to sacrifice them for the DC muslim-In-Chief. A question...What in hell are they going to do with those who disobey them? Put them all in jail, just as they are releasing real criminals, due to lack of space? They "think" law abiding citizens are very docile, and would never dare do such a thing. "Little do they know!!!!!!!
I feel gun laws are unconstitutional and would be our patriotic duty to disobey them. I think people feel that it would be for more risky to be caught with a politically illegal gun than to risk being murdered. I am a very moral person and I don't feel it's immoral in the slightest to protect oneself with a gun.
A DOJ study (pre-Holder) found that 50 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented EVERY DAY simply by the presence of a firearm. In less that 0.9% of these instances is the gun ever fired. (National Crime Victimization Survey)
This story is amazing; just gets worse and worse. last week a guy tried to get into my daughter's car at a red light. He had the door open and his hand on the steering wheel when she took her gun out of the holster in 3 seconds and had it against his head. I don't even want to think about what could of happened to her if she was not armed. Don't ever give up your guns.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All

19 Trackbacks to “Arrogant CO Democrat Scolds Rape Survivor at Gun Ban Hearing: Statistics Weren’t On Your Side”