The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

February 27, 2013 - 2:04 pm
<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Police have to prioritize their calls and allocate resources to respond to them. Adams said that there is no guarantee that any officers will arrive in time to help you. If you are not armed and familiar with your firearm, it could mean the difference between life and death. Police chiefs, meanwhile, are hired by mayors, and mayors tend to be gun control-supporting Democrats. That explains the difference between the rank and file and their bosses, and why Feintstein claims to have “all the police” when she really means all of the police who work for mayors who also support her ban.

Adams says that one common thread connects the high-profile mass murderers who have shocked the country and whose actions have spurred the latest push for more gun control laws: Mental health. But the current background check system is inadequate to deal with that issue, and rather than fix it, gun control advocates just want to expand it. In Florida, Adams says that she passed legislation that tied mental competence to the gun background check system, but different laws in different states mean the system will not catch every potential problem.

“The problem with the background check that they do today is that they are riddled with holes. What’s considered a felony in one state may not be a felony in another. I told Sen. Durbin (D-IL) that you should fix the system before you ever considered expanding it.”

Those holes, she says, should be addressed before anyone considers expanding the system to a “universal” background check as the Obama administration is proposing.

Adams adds that gun ownership is not something to be taken lightly. “I had this conversation with one of my children. You have to understand that gun ownership is a huge responsibility. You have to learn how to handle it, how to shoot it, how to clean it. And you have to know in your own mind what you will do when you are attacked.”

Political leaders also have a responsibility regarding the laws that they pass. “Sen. Feinstein has been very vocal for many years, and her opinions on guns and gun control are very well known. But I stand by the fact that if you disarm law-abiding citizens, you leave them vulnerable to attack by criminals, who by definition break the law. They will find a way of getting guns” no matter what laws are passed.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

LEO for 38 years, past 23 in So CA.... I have written Feinstein (as have many friends of mine in law enforcement) to express my disgust at the needless proposed gun laws as well as current gun laws in CA. What people may not realize is that even if what she proposes in D.C. fails, it will be submitted verbatim in CA AND get passed as there is a "Super Majority" of democrats in the CA Senate and House... I told Feinstein I will be most likely able to keep my guns and mags due to my employment but I am concerned for the safety of family and friends as well as several friends who have businesses related to, and participate in 3-Gun Competitions who will be out of work. She replied that she "hears" me but that she is proceeding based on what she feels is right despite the opinions of police. Therefore, MS FEINSTEIN YOU ARE A LIAR.
14 year California police veteran. Rank and file cops don't support more gun control by a large margin. We know better.

We know that when seconds count we're only minutes away. We know that bullets are unreliable fight stoppers, and that's why we carry 12-17 round magazines, and several of them. We know that rifles are easier to use than shotguns for most women and men of smaller stature, and that they are more precise and safer to use in town. We know that there are enough laws already. We also know that California's AW ban has not made it safer, but it has made it much more difficult and expensive for police officers to seek out advanced training on their own time and dollar as large urban agencies restrict the use and transport of these dangerous issued tools while banning our ability to purchase them for our own use. We know how this goes, and Diane Feinstein has never spoken for us.
"Does Feinstein Really Have ‘All the Police’ Backing Her ‘Assault’ Weapons Bill?"

Gosh, I dunno. Would a liberal Democrat lie to the American people?
A fact. Easy to verify. California is the state with the most gun control laws. Another western state has the fewest in the U.S.. The state with the most gun control laws has a murder rate over 400% greater than the state with the least gun control. That state is Utah. Sources: Brady Campaign Scorecard and the FBI Crime Report.

You say "So what?" Well, another fact: The city with the most extreme gun control is Washington DC with Chicago coming in second. In 2010 DC had twenty seven times more murders than the larger city of El Paso, TX where all responsible adult citizens can carry loaded handguns concealed on their person as they go about their day. Chicago's murder rate was nineteen times higher than El Paso's the same year. Source: FBI Crime
Report and US Census for population data.

Still not enough? Mexico has extreme gun control. Juarez, a medium sized Mexican city had more murders than the six largest U.S. cities, combined. If you don't see a trend, I can't help you. There are none so blind.....
20 year vet here: NO humanity-respecting policeman would EVER support the dis-arming of the populace.

Additionally, the FEMA camps being established, will NOT be supported by our nation's police.

I personally am very confused as-to who the Feds think will willingly herd Americans? -Is this just a get-rich-quick scheme by a few contractors?
Retired fifty year veteran of law enforcement here, with many friends in the business at all levels. Feinstein is simply wrong and I suspect she knows it, which means she is actually lying to push her agenda. I am part of several law enforcement webs and communicate with many police personnel. Nearly all of them feel as we do, that every law abiding citizen has the 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms. Those chiefs who are for banning so-called assault weapons (a misnomer), or high capacity magazines, are political tools, saving their jobs, or suffering from a far too liberal education. They do not speak for most of their personnel.
Any police officer who supports restricting private gun ownership is CORRUPT and UNFIT to serve.
Lemme see. My Sheriff, Tim Mueller, Linn County, Oregon has gone on record as opposing such a ban. He even went so far as to say that he would not enforce it if passed into law. He was only one of several Sheriffs to do so.

The Sheriff is "the top law enforcement official" in each county by law. Does Sen Feinstein consider him not to be Police?
Feinstein is a freaking liar extraordinaire! She most certainly does not have support of "all cops", hell, she doesn't have support of the majority of the cops. In fact, she would be lucky to have support of 15% of them, as evidenced in surveys conducted of law enforcement.

I just wrote something on this very topic yesterday and it can be found here: http://joeforamerica.com/2013/02/chiefs-of-police-completely-misrepresent-law-enforcement/
i dont have a AR-15 but why tell me what i can and can not have ?? i should be able to get what i want ?? never been to jail .. we are Free Americans stop taking away our rights.. look up Free.. Feinstein as lost it .. TIME TO GO LADY ....http://video.foxnews.com/v/2138468100001/

I too have written her and got the same BS auto-response. She clearly knows what she is selling to the sheeple is a flat LIE. She and Obama make a great pair!
Feinstein is a hypocrite. She doesn't want anyone to have what she defines as an "assault weapon" and is on record stating that she would like to ban hand guns. This from a woman who carries a hand gun herself and has armed guards to protect her. Lets be honest. The police do not prevent assaults and murder. They show up after the fact to clean up the mess and try to find out who did it. Telling people that they don't need a gun to protect themselves is disingenuous, blatantly dishonest or dangerously disillusional.

Amen brother (or sister)! Well said and agree 100%
I'm not a LEO, but I carry a pistol. One of the reasons, besides defense of myself and others, is in case I ever come across an officer in distress. Maybe he's hurt or his pistol has jammed. I can cover him or hand him my pistol. The likelihood this will ever happen is less than my chances of getting hit by lightning I know, but it could happen. I carry to save lives and to support law and order. I buy guns that I think best suite that purpose that I can afford. I would prefer Washington not to tell me I have to get guns don't work as well because they've watched too many movies that frightened them.
1 2 3 Next View All