How Civilizations Die: (And Why Islam Is Dying Too)
You’ve heard about the Death of the West.
But the Muslim world is on the brink of an even greater collapse.
WILL WE GO DOWN IN THE IMPLOSION?
Thanks to collapsing birthrates, much of Europe is on a path of willed self-extinction. The untold story is that birthrates in Muslim nations are declining faster than anywhere else—at a rate never before documented. Europe, even in its decline, may have the resources to support an aging population, if at a terrible economic and cultural cost. But in the impoverished Islamic world, an aging population means a civilization on the brink of total collapse— something Islamic terrorists know and fear.
Muslim decline poses new threats to America, challenges we cannot even understand, much less face effectively, without a wholly new kind of political analysis that explains how desperate peoples and nations behave.
In How Civilizations Die, David P. Goldman—author of the celebrated “Spengler” column read by intelligence organizations worldwide—reveals how, almost unnoticed, massive shifts in global power are remaking our future.
- How extinctions of peoples, cultures, and civilizations are not unthinkable—but certain
- How for the first time in world history, the birthrate in the West has fallen below replacement level Why birthrates in the Muslim world are falling even faster
- Why the “Arab Spring” is the precursor of much more violent change in the Islamic world
- Why looming demographic collapse may encourage Islamic terrorists to “go for broke”
- How the United States can survive the coming world turmoil
In How Civilizations Die, David P. Goldman has written an essential book for understanding what lies in the future for America and the world.