Spengler

Dr. Dre and Putin

May 9th, 2014 - 4:12 pm

Russia is not a shallow country. The opening pageant for the Sochi Olympics set Russian skill at ballet against the music of Russia’s great composers in an idealized (to say the least) depiction of Russian history. Still, it was quite beautiful. Contrast this to the bathetic clowning at the London Olympics, with James Bond and Elizabeth II sky-diving into the stadium.

Putin’s seizure of the Crimea has made him an object of opprobrium in the United States and a hero at home. He has revived the old pre-1914 nationalism with some degree of success. This was never a pleasant thing (as my ancestors who suffered in the Russian Empire well knew), but it is the only identity Russians appear to have after the fall of Communism. The attraction of this kind of national renewal should not be underestimated. The West thought that it dealt a blow against dictatorship at Maidan, but only succeeded in boosting the popularity of Russia’s dictator to an extent few considered possible.

I do not know whether Putin will succeed. But I am sure beyond the shadow of doubt that if we keep making billionaires out of scum like Dr. Dre, we will fail. There was something better than Russian-style nationalism once. It was American patriotism. If we forget it, the land will puke us out.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page
What we have in Putin is a clear example of an evil man doing good things.

What we have in Dr. Dre (if the sale turns out to be fact--which hasn't been confirmed of this writing) is a case of the market, separated from moral commitments, doing evil things.
"Freedom comes first. I also support traditional values but I don’t want the government to shove them down my throat."

I think we are learning by experience that virtue comes first, before freedom. We have, or have had plenty of freedom but as we have lost virtue and self control that freedom becomes anarchy. To ameliorate the effect of anarchy we get increasing authoritarianism in the name of increasing freedom.

I also don't want the government to shove virtue down my throat, but of course that is the opposite of what the government is doing now. The US Government is institutionalizing perversion and wickedness. Note the celebration of P-Riot, a group which desecrated a Cathedral. Its not just the government of course, witness Harvard sponsoring the conjuring up of a demon: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/feastofeden/2014/05/harvard-can-do-better-than-give-a-platform-to-a-black-mass-promoter-who-ridicules-sex-abuse-victims/ .
I'm less worried about Dr Dre than I am of the faculties at American universities. They have the minds of our children for four of their most formidable years. That's scary!
Spengler here has proposed an argumentation that floats between a pragmatic justification of democracy and categorial value assertions, e.g. "Freedom comes first". Indeed, "DEMOScracy" is simply equated with "freedom". For my part I find DEMOScracy objectionable where not severly limited by non-democratic features of a constitutional republic (such as the US used to be, cf. Thomas Woods' "Who Killed the Constitution?").

Democracy is justified by Spengler as a pragmatic means of correcting errors. The idea hits my Germanic mind that Hitler used the democratic forms of the Weimar Republik to become the Chancellor and then got the legislature to vote democratically to dissolve itself permanently, thus making him the "Führer" for life (something like Julius Caesar did in becoming "democratically" the dictator for life--thereby ending the Roman res publica). I do not see how "democracy" an sich could have corrected that quaint error of electing Hitler as the "Führer" (any more than I see now how democracy in Germany and Europe can correct the European rush into a transnational bureuacratic superstate [relative to which Putin's "nationalistic" reaction has gained some applause from "conservatives" here, yet outside the German democratic parties which have disarmed any real conservative particiapation in opposition]). But back to the democratically elected Führer.

Democracy expresses the "demos" by allowing the members of said body "freely" to chose their leader, new or not. The essential point is the "freely" constituted unity of the will of the people, this is the democratic moment. Such unity is the expression of democracy-freedom. I had an "ah-hah" moment on this watching the long documentary on the 1938 Nazi Party "meeting" at Nurnburg with a couple of hundred thousand attending. The propaganda reminded me of an American political convention whipping up the faithful for their democratically voted candidate. Well, after much propaganda and the stirring speech of a certain leader, the masses in one democratic act cried out "We, the demos, elect Hitler". Whoops, they really said "Heil Hitler", which I have but translated into democratic terms. The (at that time) freely experienced choice for Hitler was an expression of the FREE will of those attending, democratic to the core, only the "Volk" replaced the "Demos" as the terminology. I have gone back to Nazi democracy (sic), viz., Volkswille" in part to have a strong counter to Spengler's thesis and in part hopefully to suggest successfully that more is involved that (non-defined) "freedom", particularly the seemingly uncritical idenfication of freedom with democrary.

Enough for the moment. Freedom is NOT first! That is libertine-ism. Freedom with virtue is first or, as Hegel noted, freedom with(in) law, that duality is first. But virtue or law here is not just what the vox populi have decided, rather derived higher values (such as the non-democratic "inallienable"). Since 1973 American democracy (sic) has enabled the mass murder of 50++ millions of innocent humans by abortion. This development is a function of genuine "freedom" in a ''democracy" >> a "freedom" that makes me feel UNfree, well knowing that democracy will change nothing. No, Spengler needs to define terms if the fine theme is to become more than a stimulus for prejudices.

Hellow there how are u? let share with u some thing good watch it and share with ur friends there if ur interested...its talking about DREAM TRIPS.just click on it
=== ==== ===>> www.Green37.com
۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞­۩ஜ
Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8012 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here...

www.jobscs.com

۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞­۩ஜ
LET’S HAVE A PRODUCTIVE 2014
CLICK THE LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION
"Banning obscenity from entertainment media, Putin’s latest ukase, would keep Shakespeare, Goethe and Dante out of circulation in their original form, not to mention Rabelais or Villon."

versus:

"Dre raps about drug use, rape, pimping and violence: he is a repulsive degenerate whom a healthy society would excrete and forget. Dre’s $3.2 billion score gauges the popularity of evocations of rape and murder."

Let's do a quick check:
Rabelais - wrote satire so "obscene" it was banned
Villon - a career criminal who murdered a man and wrote poetry about it
Goethe - wrote about suicide and making a deal with the devil
Dante - a political schemer who condemned his enemies to torture for all time in his poetry
Shakespeare - rape and murder are merely the beginning, with incest, regicide, familicide, and more abounding in his plays

Pot, meet Kettle.
Kettle, this is Pot.

You have met the enemy that is cultural arrogance promoting censorship for the common good and he is Spengler.
Say what you will about Putin. But the reality is that
Europe is a rotting carcass of atheist degeneracy
A few short years away from its flesh being
Picked clean by the Muslim beasts from the Middle East.
The Ukrainians would be sadly mistaken to hitch their
Wagon to .the Euro-carcass.
Re Fail Burton's comments on the USA fighting a massive war all alone against Japan....Japan also was fighting on many fronts throughout WW2. They had a massive army trying to conquer China, they had to garrison all of South East Asia, they fought Australian forces in Papua New Guinea, and they were trying to conquer British India. By 1944 they had three armies in Burma facing the British armies along the Indian border. Their defeat at Imphal in Burma in that year was their biggest defeat in the war up to that time. They also needed to keep an army in Manchuria to watch the Soviet Union, and some of their fleet was engaged in the Indian Ocean to protect their communications from the British naval forces operating out of Sri Lanka (Ceylon).
I suggest that Washington's Pacific war was against most of Japan's navy but only a small fraction of its land and air forces, and it is wrong to think that the Americans fought Japan's full strength all alone.
As America becomes less and less a European nation, and more and more a vast third world banana republic, we're going to be seeing a lot more of this kind of sentiment. Personally, I feel no allegiance whatsoever to the culture that spawned Dr. Dre, and have no interest in contributing to it or defending it if push comes to shove. Honestly, as a white middle class man of the right, I feel like a man without a nation.

I really think we're facing a civilizational split in our future, as people who don't want to follow the path of Obamanation increasingly secede from the USA begin to forge new institutions and a new nation from the ruins of this one. As far as I'm concerned, it can't come soon enough. Soon, I expect right-wingers to join Muslims in chanting "death to Amerika!" as I've been doing for some time now.

The America I respected was killed by the cultural revolutions of the past 50 years that brought dregs like Obama and Dr. Dre to the top; ideologically and culturally it's a zombie nation now, awaiting its collapse to take more visceral forms. If a shooting war with Russia comes, I for one will either revolt or join the other side. There's absolutely no chance I'll fight against fellow Europeans to defend a nation as far gone as the US(S)A.
I would suggest that Dre, whatever you think of him, looked at the lay of the land, took advantage of the situation and made a billionaire out of himself.
"Conservative" is kind of an awkward fit for Buchanan, he's got these odd little tics that take precedence over what would ordinarily be considered Conservative principle. It's like he's Irish first, pointedly eccentric second, American third, Conservative fourth.
Good grief. Dr. Dre has done exactly we want the underclass to do, make money (legally) and lift themselves out of poverty. We should be praising Dre, not cursing him (and by the way, he hasn't had an album in 15 years).
I'm pretty sure people didn't have hate-speech and the over-the-top vulgarity of the Checkered Demon brought into the real world public arena in mind when they talked about boot-straps.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All