Ron Radosh

Then there is the Democratic base, whose members would most likely feel Hillary is too much of a centrist, a DLC-type Democrat in the mold of her husband who would placate big money and Wall Street. Already, Senator Bernie Sanders, an unabashed democratic socialist representing Vermont, is talking about the possibility of running his own independent campaign.

As he told The Nation in an exclusive cover interview with John Nichols last week, he is “prepared to run for President of the United States.” Sanders “has begun talking with progressive political strategists, traveling to unexpected locations like Alabama and entertaining the kinds of process questions that this most issue-focused member of the Senate has traditionally avoided.”

Ever the socialist, Sanders argues that “somebody has got to represent the working class and the middle-class in standing up to the big-money interests.” You might think Hillary Clinton is a good leftist and fervent class warrior, but Bernie Sanders disagrees. “I like Hillary,” he says, “but I think, sad to say, that the Clinton type of politics is not the politics…that I’m talking about.” What the nation would get with Hillary in the WH, he argues, is “the same-old, same-old Robert Rubin type of economics…or ‘centrist’ politics, or continued dependence on big money or unfettered ‘free trade’-that is not what the country needs.”

Much as some conservatives argue that only a Ted Cruz-type candidate can mobilize the base and get conservatives out to the polls to win, Sanders argues that Hillary does not have “the politics that galvanizes the tens of millions of people today who are thoroughly alienated and disgusted with the status quo.”  Hillary Clinton, he says, has the wrong politics and is the representative of “the Democratic establishment.”

In Bernie Sanders’ eyes, many Democrats are in fact “not terribly different from some of the Republicans.” This is the mirror image of the argument I heard Glenn Beck say on radio a while back — namely that the Republican Party is finished and represents nothing, and that true conservatives should think of backing their own candidates outside of the tarnished Republican brand.

Sanders fully realizes that if he decides to run, he will put into place the Nader effect, getting just enough votes to swing the election to make it a Republican win. That alone might give him pause. But he also believes firmly that “operating in the framework of the Democratic Party” is not a “better approach.” He also believes that the people understand that unless the party changes, they will lose white working-class votes. In his eyes, the only way to win is by a massive shift to the kind of socialist policies he openly supports.

So we have the possibility of a Clinton nomination on the Democratic side and a Bush nomination on the Republican side, and the chance that in both parties, mavericks dissatisfied with that choice will favor an independent run of their own. For now, all bets are off, but a third-party run — either by a disenchanted Democrat or a conservative or libertarian Republican — always hurts the party they broke from and more likely ensures the political victory of a candidate they all disdain.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

Jeb Bush…

Supports Common Core AND Amnesty…He speaks SPANISH doncha know, and is all about education “reform”…. which means, well, Washington needs to get its nose in a little deeper I suppose…what could go wrong there?

He will even acquiesce to “sensible” gun control measures, and give the GOP “credibility” on the matter because he’s from red-blooded Texas, by gosh.

If HE says them assault weapons and Hi-capacity magazines are kinda-maybe-sorta bad, while wearing SPURS, well then the Democrats loose that hot-button issue because he’s so “reasonable”…Brilliant!

And we’ll have yet ANOTHER desperate attempt to win over “centrists” with a wishy-washy D-lite RINO who will either:

A) Loose to a REAL Democrat in the General Election, or…
B) Sell us out once in he’s office.

Hey, I got it….Bush-Christie, with Rand Paul as Secretary of State….

What could possibly go wrong?
You may not object to Jeb Bush running, but I sure as hell do.

I've voted in every Presidential election since 1976 and have voted for every Republican candidate since Gerald Ford. I even held my nose and voted for Dole, McCain and Romney. I'm as loyal as you can get. And I'm through.

I'm sick of the Republican establishment shoving RINOs down my throat and being ignored about anything else except when they want money. I'm through with it. I will not vote for Chris Christie, Jeb Bush or any RINO, just as I will not vote for anyone pushing any kind of immigration "amnesty" (otherwise known as "handing permanent, unbreakable control of the country to the Democrat Party").

I'm sick of the GOP leadership being unresponsive to anyone but big corporate donors. They're walking on very thin ice with me and millions like me. But I predict that once again the GOP will gamble that our sense of duty to the country will overcome our disgust and anger at yet another Dem Lite Republican candidate, and serve us up someone like Jeb Bush.

And I will stay at home.
Is the GOP really that stupid to put up another Bush? The media would eat him a live and the base will abandon the party. The only reason the base won't walk away in droves will be Hillary. But if the GOP does this, Hillary will probably win and the GOP will be done. Really the leadership needs to be booted and hard since it is pretty obvious they have been working for the Democrats for some time.
The GOP are an old bunch of has beens. They're like the quarterback who is old but won't quit. They will have to be thrown out I guess.
I will never vote the GOP ticket again. Romney was it for me. I would never vote for Jeb Bush.
I will only vote candidate now, and that candidate would be Ted Cruz.
The GOP knew their voters were being targeted during the last election by the IRS, and remained silent. That was an unforgivable betrayal.
We must go third party ticket if Jeb Bush were to win the primary. I'm willing to take the risk. I will never throw my vote away on this party again.
If I were ever going to vote for a Republican again, it wouldn't be Jeb Bush. But, since I'm never voting for a Republican again, doesn't really matter to me who they nominate. I'm done with them.
How about a compromise? Only give young hot Mexican females citizenship....and vigorously deport the rest.
Apparently the Leadership of the GOP have been asleep for the last 6 years! Didn't they notice that the last two elections left many (most) conservatives and independents at Home....not voting at all. How many elections do they need to lose to discover that they need a Conservative!
I would REFUSE to vote for another Bush. After all, he is just another Democrat in sheeps clothing and the GOP is another arm of the Democrat party.
I wouldn't be surprised if neither Hillary Clinton nor Jeb Bush is on the Ballot. Hillary will be 69 years old as voters take a closer look at her in high definition. The media may give her a softer focus, but her opponents will shine a bright spotlight on the reality of Hillary 2016.

I don't see Jeb Bush as that strong a candidate in the 2016 Republican primary either. He was a pretty good governor, but what has he done lately? Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is the battle tested guy with enough fight in him to energize the base, but also politically skilled enough to unite Republicans to get laws passed. Ted Cruz and to a lesser extent Rand Paul have the willingness to fight, but they haven't shown the skill to move legislation. Bobby Jindal has the intelligence and skill to get things done, but I'm not sure he's combative enough to stand up to the Progressives at the national level.

Republicans have better candidates to appeal to Latinos than Jeb Bush. Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval and New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez are have executive experience in competitive states where Democrats currently have an edge. They are both authentically of Mexican decent.
If the GOP is dumb enough to nominate Jeb, or any other GOPe DimocRat-Lite, they will do so with the knowledge that the base WILL NOT support them.

I'm not overreacting or misrepresenting myself. I know the pulse of Conservatives because I am one, and have been my entire adult life.

If the GOP "leadership" thinks Conservatives and Tea Party supporters are going to hold their nose and vote for another Dim-Lite, GOPe nominee, they are VERY WRONG, yet again.
What the country really needs is a Stalin to clean up the mess of the past several decades---and to visit a Holodomor upon the Dems as Stalin did the kulaks. Maybe not literally, but certainly and thoroughly. the Dems, their allies and accomplices, their clients and the RINOs need to be rooted out from their power centers and destroyed like the parasites they are. Otherwise, the country perishes. It is truly them or us.
I would vote for a syphilitic snake before I'd vote for Hillary Clinton.
And the Republicans will probably have one as a candidate, Mandy, before they run a real conservative
Real or RINO, I'll vote for the GOP candidate.
If you continue to do this, we will never fix it. At some point you become an enabler.
Are you saying you'd rather vote for Bill?
LOL! I think it's more than a tad mean to snakes to compare them to Bill.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All