Ron Radosh

Recognizing Radical Islam as Our Enemy: Lessons From the Cold War

April 22nd, 2013 - 8:25 am

Michael Mukasey understands: as he puts it, we have heard nothing from those leaders in our nation who actually wield power “suggesting any need to understand and confront a totalitarian ideology that has existed since at least the founding of the Muslim Brotherhood in the 1920s.” He  continues:

The ideology has regarded the United States as its principal adversary since the late 1940s, when a Brotherhood principal, Sayid Qutb, visited this country and was aghast at what he saw as its decadence. The first World Trade Center bombing, in 1993, al-Qaeda attacks on American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998, on the USS Cole in 2000, the 9/11 attacks, and those in the dozen years since — all were fueled by Islamist hatred for the U.S. and its values.

Time is growing short.

We may, if we are lucky, get good intelligence from the interrogation of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. If he cooperates, we may learn whom his brother was in touch with when he returned to Russia for six months, or whom else they may have been in contact with in this country. But even so, we should remain vigilant. There will be others recently radicalized who will seek to emulate their action. There might also be actual sleeper cells of radical Islamists waiting for the call to spring into action.

The Boston Marathon bombing was a harbinger of what may come. Like Spain and Britain, we too are no longer immune to the actions of those who engage in jihad. To prevent such future attacks, the first step is to acknowledge that radical Islam — not “terrorism” — is our enemy, and jihad is the way the Islamists put their beliefs into practice.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE WEST.
If we can't identify our enemies, we can't defeat them.
I was reading the comments section from an article about the Boston bombing in Salon this morning and sadly, I think there is just no reaching some people.
I don't know whether they are just hate being proved wrong or they are blind, but they flat our refuse to admit that in today's world, the majority of violent acts committed in the name of religion are committed by Muslims.

"Christians are violent too! Jews are violent too!"
Really? What about Muslims?
"Um...Timothy McVey!"

Timothy McVey is the new race card for these folks.
The difference between the Cold War and today is that infiltration of top levels of the government are in plain sight - check out some of the people that this administration has for "advisors".

As far as the competence of various government agencies: Follow the trail of bread crumbs and you will see that the various selection of agency directors (dictators) has/had nothing to do with qualifications, vis-a-vie, the quality of the end product reflects the quality of the leader.

As to the term "harbinger", I think that is very optimistic.

TAKE HIS PIC DOWN, NOW!!!
Every news agency across the globe is showing the pic(s) of a sick murderer and all of the “wackos” and “nutjobs” who might be “on the fence” of doing, or not doing, something terrible are being encouraged into doing it for the FAME and NOTORIETY given by the Media. (AARRGGHH).
Show me pictures of the little boy this piece of dirt murdered in cold blood. I want to remember the joyful face of a bright-eyed young man living life to the fullest. Not some twisted killer. Show me the two women killed in the blast. Tell me stories of their lives, not the killers. I couldn’t care less about the slime that cowardly murdered innocents. Show me the runners in the Marathon – I have no idea what they look like. (But thanks to supreme stupidity by the media, I will never be able to forget the pics of a teenage killer.)
Show me the eight year-old boy – I want to identify with him, not the killer. Show me pics of the heroes – the law enforcement personnel who risked their lives to catch these butchers. Show me the guy with the boat who called it in! Show me the MIT Cop who was killed. Tell me about him, his life, his values, his experiences, not the killers.
Our collective Media is making a butcher of innocent children into a “relatable guy.” They are personalizing him. Please, please stop. I challenge you to a paradigm shift starting now. No longer does the media broadcast images of the criminal 24/7 and tell us all, all about his entire life and the lives of his relatives and friends. But rather, investigate, personalize and broadcast images of the innocent victims, the hard working law enforcement and/or military personnel. Tell us stories of their lives, their hopes, their dreams, their reality. Dig deep and deeper still, not into the killer, but in to the victims and heroes.
I won’t be holding my breath. littlegecko
I'm wondering whether or not Islam should be reclassified as a political ideology rather than a religion. Islam seems to cover not only religion but also the government. Isn't it sort of like Communism in that way? Communism not only regulated behavior but also regulated the government as well. A true religion would be only concerned with human behavior. Just a thought.
Sadly, a lot more bombs are going to have to go off in this country and a lot more people are going to have to die before it becomes unfashionable to support Muslim extremism. We're not there yet, but if we keep denying the obvious we'll be there sooner rather than later.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF THE WEST.
If we can't identify our enemies, we can't defeat them.
What Liberals fail to accept is that Islam is perfectly willing to lie and put on masks for their benefit. They believe these people are perfectly reasonable, can be talked to, accommodated.

Fools.
AMERICAN ARE BEING ATTACKED EVERYDAY BY DRONES.
However, these drones are radical lefties who drone on and on with the same BS.
ISN'T TREASON A CRIME?

Now that the Boston jihadi has been charged w/ destruction of property, we'll never be able to interrogate him to get info we need to fight terrorism. I guess this is what happens when you have a POTUS who's friendly with terrorists and appoints commies and members of the MB as advisers. However, isn't treason a crime? Why wasn't Tsarnaev the younger charged with that? Why bother to administer an oath when a person becomes a naturalized citizen -- if it's meaningless.
1 2 Next View All