Roger L. Simon

What Do the Microscopic Rallies for Trayvon Mean?

July 22nd, 2013 - 12:04 am

We have strong civil rights laws. We have an even stronger national consensus against racism. Racist behavior is a huge social taboo, as it should be.

Now we should just leave it alone— let the scab heal. Morgan Freeman said this best in a famous interview with Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes back in 2006. (Unfortunately, the great actor rescinded this later. But I prefer to believe in this more sophisticated, calmer Morgan.)

Here’s a transcript of the key parts of that exchange:

MIKE WALLACE, CBS`s “60 MINUTES”: Black History Month, you find…

MORGAN FREEMAN, ACTOR: Ridiculous.

WALLACE: Why?

FREEMAN: You`re going to relegate my history to a month?

WALLACE: Come on.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

WALLACE: I`m Jewish.

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month?

WALLACE: There isn`t one.

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one?

WALLACE: No, no.

FREEMAN: I don`t either. I don`t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until…?

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I`m going to stop calling you a white man. And I`m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You`re not going to say, “I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.” Hear what I`m saying?

Yes, I hear you, Morgan. I hear you loud and clear and I know you were telling the truth. In fact, what you were saying is so important that it deserves being quoted again and again.

As one who has had the great fortune to travel the world and visit some sixty countries, the USA, in my view, is the least racist of all.

Is there still racism here? Of course. Will there always be? Most likely, humans being what they are.

But the best way to get rid of what remains is to shut up about it.

More:

PJTV’s ZoNation: George Zimmerman Is Not White, Unless You Are Liberal (Warning: Graphic Images)

by PJTV

(Thumbnail on PJM homepage based on a modified Shutterstock.com image.)

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

You may know know about this news story since it's from my own state of Iowa, and even I forgot about it until I was reminded the other day. Jay Lewis, a former police officer, was coming home from his job late one night last year when two men in a car began to follow him, speed up, slow down, and generally harass Mr. Lewis while driving down the road. FYI, Lewis is black; the attackers are white. And this happened right in West Des Moines.

Lewis, in an attempt to get away, hit the gas and safely passed the vehicle. But later, as he was turning into the parking lot of his apartment – the two aggressors rammed his car with their own!

More, they rushed his car and began beating on the windows, in an attempt to break the glass and assault him further. Lewis then displayed a handgun and ordered the men back, and they complied.

Knowing that staying there was out of the question, but knowing that leaving the scene of an accident could be seen as hit-and-run, Lewis drove 200 yards away and safely called 911. But while waiting for the cops to arrive, the aggressors again came at him again – KNOWING he had a gun.

After shouting at them over 10 times to ‘get back,’ ‘get down,’ ‘leave me alone’ (all recorded on the 911 tape) Lewis was forced to shoot and wound one of the aggressors as he was almost on top of him.

Later, Lewis would learn that one of these violent thugs had over 40 criminal convictions stretching back over 10 years, including multiple felony convictions. And when the cops arrived, as a former cop, Lewis told them what happened honestly and completely.

As a result, Lewis was arrested and charged with two felonies and two serious misdemeanors and was facing a significant prison sentence.

Thankfully, in this case, as in the Zimmerman case, the jury saw through the anti-gun agenda that salted the Polk Co. prosecution strategy and found him not guilty in just 90 minutes!

90 minutes.

But he spent 120 days in jail in the process, with a 500,000 bond that he couldn’t pay.

And during that time he lost his job.

He lost his apartment.

He lost all of his belongings, as they were set on the curb for people to take.

He was broke and completely destitute.

Self-defense is a basic right; we must not allow this right to be subverted by people with an agenda to weaken this society and this country.
"The sooner the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman affair disappears in the rear view mirror, the better for all of us."

No, it must not be made to disappear because it was an assault on the rule of law and the assaulters like Obama, Holder and Sharpton and the MSM must be called to account and never released from it.
"The verdict that declared George Zimmerman not guilty of murdering Trayvon Martin was a traumatic event for America's civil-rights establishment, and for many black elites across the media, government and academia. When you have grown used to American institutions being so intimidated by the prospect of black wrath that they invent mushy ideas like "diversity" and "inclusiveness" simply to escape that wrath, then the crisp reading of the law that the Zimmerman jury displayed comes as a shock.

On television in recent weeks you could see black leaders from every background congealing into a chorus of umbrage and complaint. But they weren't so much outraged at a horrible injustice as they were affronted by the disregard of their own authority. The jury effectively said to them, "You won't call the tune here. We will work within the law.""

Shelby Steele, WSJ July 21, 2013,
"More New Yorkers show up for pizza at Ray’s between 6:00 and 6:05 in the evening."

If we interpret "Ray's" to mean "Every pizza place named Ray's, Original Ray's, Famous Ray's, The Original Famous Ray's, The Real Ray's, etc, etc, etc," you are probably right.
Maybe the race-baiters realize they won already, and decent people can no longer walk the streets.
But this is the first I heard of it. Based on a cursory glance at the news reprots, I tohught there were huge demonstations.

And so it goes...
Mr. Simon, what about the IT director who lost his job? What about the incvestigator who lost his position? What about prosecutorial misconduct?

Are we to jsut close our eyes to injustice?
-------------------------------------------------------
Pity about that last line, the rest was fine. But...

So the perpetrators of all this BS, rabble-rousing, hate speech and calculated bigotry -- packaged by charlatans into seditious sound bites for national consumption -- get to walk away and live to fight another day?

Just avert your gaze. Business as usual, nothing to see, move on.
You cannot be serious. What are you talking about?
Everybody loves to feel sorry for themselves. We all love to blame other people for our problems. But it seems black people are exhausted of the whole debate. I know I am.
"Stand you ground" laws give Whites unlimited and unconditional right to murder Blacks for any reason at all. The jack boots of American racism lie on the neck of African-Americans as strongly as ever. Emmett Till or Trayyon Martin, there is no difference. Perhaps the African community has lost hope, and perhaps they are right to do so. For as long as capitalism exists, racism will be ever institutionalized and virulent.
I assume this is satire?

Unfortunately, there are people who talk like this. And they are given a platform.
As a White Dude (WD), I laugh anytime I hear a Black Man (BM) tell me that only whites can be racist because only they have the power. So I think about the 3 BMs I had as Drill Sergeants at Fort Jackson back in the fall of 1973, and I wish I had told them they can't mess with me because I was white!....what's that you say? I would have been court-martialed? How can that be when as a WD I have absolute power over every BM?
When I see or hear Obama, I change the station.
When I see Obama, I clutch my purse.
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All