Roger L. Simon

Is America in a Pre-Revolutionary State this July 4th?

July 2nd, 2013 - 12:23 am

Ironically, if our society enters a revolutionary phase, liberals will find themselves in the role of the Islamists, defending a shopworn and reactionary ideology on religious grounds, because it is only their faith that holds their ideas together at this point.

The facts of the American decline tell us otherwise. We don’t need the contempt of Vladimir Putin to remind us how bad things are and that the seeming result of the end of the Cold War is that American presidents are now mocked by the second coming of the KGB (not that it was ever gone).

We all know the famous Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times!

We certainly are, and I am of two minds about it. Like so many Americans, I have lived a comfortable, privileged life, vastly so compared to most of human history.

But I am filled with foreboding about what’s to come, indeed about what is already here. When I look at the masses swarming in Tahrir Square, I am at once repelled and attracted, repelled because, to be honest, I find their culture more than a bit crazy, but attracted because I know something is seriously wrong, not just in Egypt but in the USA.

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

"Especially his own people, African Americans, have suffered."

There's a big part of the problem with this presidency, right there. "His own people" is supposed to refer to Americans, not African Americans. The President of the U.S. cannot have any other people than the nation as a whole, yet Obama has been the most vocally divisive President in history. He's made clear again and again that he's not my President. To him, I'm just a bitter clinger; one of those deluded fools who thinks I am actually responsible for my own success and deserve to keep what I earned; one of those rubes who believes in the Bible and won't give up his guns. He's made it very, very clear what he thinks of me.
The revolution won't be people heading to the streets with guns. The revolution happens when the people who have been following the rules simply quit obeying the federal government. The revolution will be millions of independent contractors working for cash or barter and not reporting income. Just like the 55 mph speed limit was the object of ridicule before it was repealed, the whole system of big stupid government comes crashing down if enough people ignore it and simply quit paying.

I could easily see ObamaCare causing the return of cash payment for medical services. What happens if doctors find cash business is profitable while government managed 3rd party payer medicine is not? What if many thousands of small businesses simply "Go Mexican" and drop out of the regulated economy?

If everyone in the federal government was suddenly cut off from the rest of the country, would life end? No. Most of the day-to-day useful things done by government happen at the local level. It has to be one of the biggest fears of the ruling class that a majority of the people discover that they can live just fine without intervention from the national government.
No one is too young or too old to stay in the fight. It is not over, by a long shot. This country has been through worse than this and came through it stronger than before. Everyone has to be engaged, even if you change only one mind.
I fought alongside todays youth in Afghanistan, believe me , they get it.
Throwing in the towel and saying I'm lived a good life, so be it, is wrong headed. You are betraying the fight for freedom. Stay in the fight.
Wow... Simon really hits it on the head with that second paragraph (why is the second of anything the most important?). Until he got to that last parenthetical. I guess Roger and the FL police are ready with their dustpans to sweep this embarrassment under the rug.
Bikers. The symbol of Freedom, or Die.
Picture hundreds of thousands in DC Ordering the regime out.
Then the United Nations.

Where there is Liberty there is the Lord.

That is what I meant years ago when I told you I heard a whisper in my ear.
"Clean my house."
Roger, write the script.
Vietnam Vet
Speaking as one who served my country during a time of need, while many whose parents could afford it, ran off to Canada, or wandered into Nirvana in California shirked their duty to serve their country. You and hopefully your parents are are finally reaping your just reward. Those of us who served and are still capable will once again stand for our country in defense of our Constitution and our Bill of Rights that you cowards sold out to Obama. I hope he manages to take everything you own. God Bless America and all she stands for.
The tragedy is that We The People bought the products falsely advertised by so-called compassionate liberals and their stars, e.g the Kennedys, ALL the Kennedys and their clones the Clintons and friends.

Even sadder is that many of the salesmen were journalists and pundits themselves liberal who failed to notice the fundamental change in the meaning and aims of those who rose to leadership of liberal factions.

Much is made of Jimmy Carters' incompetence but he was an interim between Kennedy/Johnson and Clinton after their coup d'Γ©tat they call Watergate. During which time the "compassionate liberals" insinuated their troupes/troops into policy echelons in ALL civic institutions. And proceeded to change little by little the foundations of social contract of the nation. With the serviceable slogans, "For the good of the people and the common good" as "power to the people". Tweaking that old slogan of the International Communist Party of "Dictatorship of the Proletariate".

Their instruments in the Weatherman and Saul Alinsky troupes of which Hillary Clinton and BH Obama the most notable. Tactics used effectively included pitting citizens against citizens in numbers of ways. Not least race and sex/gender. The classical tactic in obtaining power over disparate peoples which induced the comments "the price of liberty is eternal vigilance" and "We must all hang together or most assuredly WE SHALL ALL hang separately".

So perhaps Obama's guerrilla civil war and sneering disregard for the protections in law of American rights is not so much incompetence as end game of their - these compassionate liberals/multiculturalists/internationalists -
long engineered game plan.

If so, the questions are What to do about it to correct insofar as possible the errors of these past decades. And WHO can Americans trust to do what is necessary. AND most importantly ARE AMERICANS, having been fractured by design into many warring tribes by their best and brightest and elected representatives up to the job?
It's right around the corner. It has just about reached the boiling point, and we're all in it together, again our government that is, and the progressives.
AGAINST the government.
July 4, 2013 has absolutely no meaning to me! I was fortunate to have experienced the American dream for over 50 years but have lost faith. I expect the next generation doesn't have a clue and wouldn't give up a thing and surely not support a revolution to preserve this nation and its constitution. The opportunities generations have had for well over 230 years are over.
If there is a revolution of any kind, I don't think it will come from anything we expect or necessarily see coming. I agree that things are very tense. I feel like maybe the world is a giant powder keg just waiting to be touched off by something. The country is the same way.

It could be the Zimmerman verdict or economic collapse or something really egregious the government does that pushes things over the edge. It could even be a group of domestic terrorists or the imposition of martial law after a foreign terror attack. There are too many things that could do it and it's just as likely none of them happen or push it off even if they do occur.
I am afraid we have to face the fact that on balance, the American People just do not have The Right Stuff any more. The Obama Voter is merely a puppet of CBS, ABC, NBC.... basically everything but Fox, that is The Democrat Media. Our people are simply too stupid, dependent, and immoral to think for themselves any more. About half are parasites, voting for Democrat politicians to steal from their friends and neighbors and so to do their dirty work for them. The Democrat politician loots the assets of the Producers under the cloak of Social Justice, Compassion, and Fairness to give to the Takers, collectively known as The Democrat Party, which is basically a hodgepodge of Victim Groups, along with Lawyers to harvest all these victims, and Union Parasites and Environmentalists thrown is as fellow travelers. The Democrat Party needs to get rid of that Donkey, and replace it with a mosquito, tick, or some other such parasite.

The Obama Voter is told what to think by the Democrat Media, to do their thinking for them, as they no longer are able to think for themselves. The Democrat Media tells them "Sarah Palin is just a governor of a state and a mother, and since she is not a liberal, she is stupid. Girls are one of our Victim Groups, and we simply cannot have a girl that is not a Liberal, so nevermind that she is the governor of a state, she is stupid. On the other hand, just wow, just how impressive it is to be a Community Organizer who has done absolutely nothing except to go into poor neighborhoods and tell them all their problems are due to racism and society's fault, now that is something to be impressed with. Nevermind that "Community Organizer" is just another name for Agitator, or Race Hustler."

On balance, the American People are just too stupid to think for themselves any more, and they are dependent. With more amnesty coming, it is hopeless, this nation is over, at least as a great nation. The Democrat Party, using the Democrat Media as their mouthpiece, is the Man Behind The Curtain creating a phony universe of lies for the Obama Voter, pulling their puppet strings, doing their thinking for them, telling them how entitled and special they are, and how they are Victims. It was Sandra Fluck who helped them create the Promiscuous Coeds Victim Group, and now Gays are the hottest Democrat Victim Group. Maybe next it will be The Lactose Intolerant Victim Group? The possibilities are endless, basically anyone but a White Male Who Is Not Gay can be a member of a Democrat Victim Group.
I agree with most of what you are saying except to add that the Republican party has become worthless in the fight. Republicans have no leadership! The Democrat agenda is based on the underdog approach and the Republicans chase them rather than establish an agenda of their own.

I agree though that all is lost as the people who work to build the nation lose the will after seeing a majority vote to be taken care of with handouts. It's a generational problem that grows like a cancer if not treated.
You really want to have to force people to live the way YOU want them to? And to live in a society under the constant pressure of rebellions? Or just let them go and reform a more harmonious country of like-minded people. Frankly, we have no right to insist that the majority live the way the minority wants them to. And its just this loss of focus that keeps anything from moving forward.

I say just get rid of them. (And, no, we can't force the deportation of 150+ million people.)
Sorry, that's @TomDPerkins.
I will kill and die for the rule of just law, if it comes to it, and the constitution until and unless something inarguably quite better comes along.

I think I'm in good company there, with Locke, Washington, and Joseph Plumb Martin.

And Lincoln too, at that.
Supreme Master and Commander of the High Seas, General Waxing01, today standing on the sands of the sea ,reporting for duty to protect the millions of people coming to my "sands" figure of speech suffering from PTSD from Boston bombing wondering with night sweats from intense nightmares of the coming next terrorist attack and along with the great spike in oil prices we see this week the greatest spike in police protection for my great city USA has ever seen since 911 to prevent another 911
footnote
Is your city prepared for the 4th of July as well as my great city?
1 2 3 4 5 Next View All