Roger L. Simon

Traveling with Drudge — America’s Indispensable Man

June 7th, 2013 - 9:55 am

And it is clear from afar that Matt Drudge is the most important person in America today. He is the key man holding our society up. I know some sing the praises of their talk radio and/or print pundit favorite, but I’ve got news for you — get out of the country for a few days and Drudge leaves them in the dust.

He is the man holding things together, the bastion against the absolute Orwellian madness that is the Obama administration. You know Drudge will be there with the latest on the IRS, Benghazi, the Associated Press, James Rosen, and now the downloads of all our personal data (are we faintly surprised?) by the most proto-fascistic group of so-called progressives ever assembled.

Sitting here in a courtyard not far from where medieval rabbis devised the Kabbalistic concept of Tikkun Olam — the idea that God contracted in order to create the physical world and that it is humanity’s duty to do good healing works, literally “heal the world,” to bring (whatever name you wish, okay, Hashem) back — I can say something outrageous: more than anyone I can think of right now, Matt Drudge is doing his share of healing.

And, man, do we need it. Much as it can be tempting, I’m not planning on making aliyah, as did the manager of the hotel in which I am staying only a few months ago and who just kindly placed a glass of Scotch in my hand and has kindly invited our family to shabbat this evening. No, reading Drudge, I know that I must return home to do battle with those reactionary punks.

Eretz Israel can take of herself. They know what they’re doing. The big “Tikkun Olam” must be done in the USA now. Time has come to stand and fight.

Meanwhile, Shabbat Shalom.

(Artwork assembled using a modified Shutterstock.com element.)

<- Prev  Page 2 of 2   View as Single Page

I wonder how often and how long Matt Drudge goes on vacation. He seems very devoted, and I too am grateful for his efforts.
His no frills site is stellar. Gotta love how he also links old pieces to existing stories to highlight hypocrisy. When/if the government goes after him and shuts him down, we may very well have martial law on our hands.
I like Drudge and look at his site everyday, but if you're a news junkie like I am and read a lot of blogs you'll find everything on his page somewhere. Surprisingly much of it in the Daily Mail and the NY Post. But if he's the indispensable man in your life that's good for you- I've really enjoyed your posts from Israel.
I paused Ghostery and loaded the drudge report. Ghostery reported over 70 trackers being downloaded. Just saying. Everyone in the internet business is loading trackers into your system every chance they get. What are the chances that one of those is Chinese in origin and another comes from Fort Meade? How does Drudge know what they things are doing to his customers?
Drudge is sometimes good but I wouldn't say he's the most important man.
drudge is good, but I personally think Glenn Reynolds is even better.
Well, I've been out of the country over 30 years and over the long pull, PJM has done the job better than Drudge or Fox for that matter. You got a class act there Mr. Simon, shame it should get audited...if you se what I mean. Nice post.
I could pull the Drudge Report through the filters of the Chinese Govt.
"...get out of the country for a few days and Drudge leaves them in the dust..."

Yep, like an old friend while I've been in Ufa, Russia--maybe a bit sensationalist, but the links are great and the overview is quick and easy.
Roger, you sound homesick, traveler though you may be.

Drudge is a fine fellow, but Rush da man ... along with maybe 10,000,000 unsung heroes, maybe 100,000,000, who keep the ball rolling.
Drudge's use and placement of photos is what makes him a sheer genius.
He is expert at finding the most hideously unflattering photos of Hillary Clinton. Drudge is my home page --#1 every day.
Drudge is hard to resist because there is always something interesting there, and it mystifies me how so many lefties hate him. How can they? He pretty much uses their own favorite sources because he's an aggregator of the news, not a writer or pundit himself.
1 2 Next View All